My kids love pancakes and they are a very easy thing to make for a breakfast treat.
No need for shake-em-up pancake mix either – all you need is some flour, egg and milk.
The kids love to help stir and, with Dad’s help, this could be the perfect present from the kids this Mothers’ Day. Just make sure they don’t leave a big mess for you to clean up afterwards!!
Oh – and for even more simplicity why not try cooking them on a sandwich press. That way you don’t even have to flip them – just wait till the top starts to bubble up and put the top of the sandwich press down on top.
- 2 cups SR flour
- 2 eggs
- Milk (added slowly until mixture is the consistency of cream)
- Beat eggs, add flour.
- Stir while slowly adding milk. You want it runny, like cream.
- Pour onto greased pan (or sandwich press!)
- Flip when top starts to bubble (or close sandwich press)
- Serve with any (or all) of the following ... butter, syrup or, my favourite, bananas!
- Will easily feed 4 +
Image credit: martiapunts/123RF Stock Photo