This mushroom sauce is the most delicious mushroom sauce I’ve ever tasted.
In fact, it’s one of the most delicious things I’ve ever tasted in general. It is sweet, with a slight tang, and it can make the difference between a dull steak and a truly enjoyable meal.
We first tasted this at a barbecue and we had to have the recipe immediately. It’s something you definitely want to eat more than once. Anyway, enough of my raving on … here’s the recipe.
- 2 cups sliced button mushrooms
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 3/4 cup cream
- 1 cup stock
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Fry the mushrooms in butter until cooked.
- Remove the mushrooms from the heat and put on paper towel.
- Add stock, sugar and balsamic vinegar to the same pan as the mushrooms were cooked in.
- Cook over a high heat, stirring frequently, until it reduces in the pan.
- Turn the heat right down and add cream and stir in.
- Add mushrooms and remove from the heat.
- Perfect with steak and chips.
Image credit: marcomayer/123RF Stock Photo