Looking for a dinner recipe?
This one will go down a treat with the whole family!
A super tasty dinner recipe that serves one but can be increased to feed the whole family. This is really easy to prepare and you’ll probably find the Dads in your lives love it so much it becomes a regular weekly meal.
Per serve: calories 288, kilojoules 1210, protein 33g, fibre 4g, total fat 8.5g, carbohydrates 17g.
- 30g brown onion
- 100g carrot
- 10g snow peas
- 90g broccoli
- 100g chicken breast fillets, skinless and boneless
- cooking oil spray
- 1/2 tsp garlic, minced
- 1/4 tbsp chicken stock concentrated powder
- 1 and 1/2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp honey
- 5g cornflour
- 70mls tinned evaporated, light milk
- Dice the onion, slice the carrots, cut broccoli into small florets and top and tail the snow peas.
- Cut the chicken into bite sized pieces.
- Place the carrot, snow peas, and broccoli in a microwave safe bowl covering with glad wrap and place in the microwave, cooking on high for 4 minutes.
- Place the chicken in a non-stick fry pan that has been coated with cooking oil spray. Cook the chicken until it is cooked through. Add garlic and onion and cook for 3 minutes.
- Drain vegetables and add to the fry pan, cooking for a further 2 minutes.
- Add stock powder, mustard and honey to the pan and mix well.
- Blend cornflour with the evaporated milk. Pour the mixture into the pan and stir until boiled and thickened.
- Place on a serving plate and enjoy.
- Great with a side of quinoa or brown rice.
If you like this recipe and would like more easy to prepare, family friendly, healthy meal plans, then join The Healthy Mummy 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge here. The next challenge starts November 3.