Every family loves a crumble of some sort. Make these individually in ramekins or as the dessert centrepiece. Crumbles are the winter dessert hero, and even though we’ve passed winter, they still taste amazing! You can substitute the strawberries for blueberries, stewed apples or stewed pears.
- 1x250g punnet of strawberries. Washed, hulled and halved
- 250g stewed apples
- 1tsp vanilla bean paste
- 3/4 cup plain flour
- 1/2 cup castor sugar
- 100g butter chilled, chopped
- 3/4 cup shredded coconut
- Icing sugar to dust
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
- Brush a 2L baking dish with melted butter.
- Place strawberries, apple and vanilla in a bowl and gently mix to combine.
- Spread the mixture over the base of the prepared dish
- Combine flour and castor sugar in a large bowl.
- Use your fingers to rub in the butter until the mixture resembles fine bread crumbs.
- Stir in the coconut and spread the mixture evenly over the strawberries and apple.
- Bake for 25-30mins until golden.
- Dust with icing sugar.
Hope you enjoyed the last days of winter – treat your family to a good-bye to winter meal and feel the warmth creep in!This recipe and image were kindly supplied by www.roandco.biz.