Eating healthy food – even when you’re just snacking – is so important for your overall wellbeing, and adds to your happiness as well.
We asked some Bub Hub mums what their favourite healthy snacks are, and these are what they came up with.
For quick, easy and healthy snacks to satisfy you when you feel a little peckish, you could try:
- Roasted broad beans
- Crackers or crispbread with avocado, cucumber, tomato, cheese, and anything else you find yummy for toppings
- Natural yoghurt with nuts and fruit added
- Fresh dates – nature’s lollies!
- Flavoured tuna on rice cakes
- Water crackers, carrot sticks, or other veggie sticks with dip – like hummus or tzatziki
- Light cottage cheese mixed with hot or sweet chilli sauce, lemon juice and coriander wrapped in a fresh lettuce leaf – and add anything else you like too
- A mixture of chopped onion, tomato, corn kernels, coriander, lime juice and olive oil, eaten on its own or with corn chips
- Cherry tomatoes with olive oil and balsamic vinegar
- A quick piece of fruit
- A handful of raw, unsalted nuts
- Greek salad with feta, chicken breast and bread for a heartier snack
Next time you feel yourself about to reach for the chocolate or chips, give one of these healthy snacks for mums a try! With this checklist printed and stuck on the fridge, you’ll never forget what yummy, healthy options await instead of that naughty bit of cake. Always remember, the healthier, the better!
Download the FREE printable list to stick on the fridge so you never forget what great snacks you can have!