A fantastic, yummy recipe for little ones who need more fruit in their diets – great for freezing, suitable from 9 months old, makes 4 individual crumbles.
This healthy crumble is full of antioxidants from the blueberries and fibre from the pear and apple.
With my delicious golden crispy topping, it’s an easy way to get your child eating – and enjoying – more fruit.
- A knob of butter
- 2 pears, peeled, cored, and diced
- 2 dessert apples, peeled, cored, and diced
- 50g of caster sugar
- 150g of blueberries
- 150g of plain flour
- 65g of butter
- 25g of brown sugar
- Preheat the oven to 200C/400F/Gas 6.
- Melt the butter in a small pan.
- Add the pears, apples, and sugar and simmer for 3-4 minutes.
- Add the blueberries, stir through, and remove from the heat.
- Spoon the fruit into 4 ovenproof ramekins or teacups.
- Measure the flour, butter, and brown sugar into a bowl and rub it together with your fingertips until it looks like breadcrumbs.
- Sprinkle this crumble mix on top of the fruit.
- Bake the crumbles in the oven for 15-20 minutes until the top is browning and the fruit is bubbling.
From Quick and Easy Weaning by Annabel Karmel
Copyright © Annabel Karmel 2014
Reprinted by Permission of Random House Australia
All Rights Reserved