Soup is a staple in my household – and you can never have too much in winter. Pumpkin soup would have to be my favourite, and this recipe sounds positively delicious! Try this one for your next meal.
- 1 kg of butternut pumpkin, peeled and de-seeded and cut into wedges
- 1/4 cup of honey
- 1/2 teaspoon of grated nutmeg
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil
- sea salt and freshly cracked black pepper to taste
- 2 brown onions, chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 2 sticks of celery, chopped
- 1.25 litres of vegetable stock
- 1 tablespoon of chopped chives
- 2 tablespoons of cream
- Mix 2 tb oil, the honey, salt, pepper, nutmeg and pumpkin.
- Roast until soft.
- Cook onion, celery and garlic in a pan with the extra oil until translucent.
- Add cooked pumpkin and stock.
- Blend with stick blender.
- Add cream, chives and more black pepper to taste.
- Enjoy with a piece of yummy bread!