Herb crusted roast beef. With balsamic roasted vine tomatoes. My mouth is watering just typing this recipe out. I can’t wait to try this out when I get home! I might have to make extra for lunch tomorrow too…
- 1 kg Aussie Farmers Direct Beef Rump Roast
- 2 tbsp parsley, roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp thyme, roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp rosemary, roughly chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 4 tbsp of olive oil
- 2 packets of vine ripe cherry tomatoes
- 4 tbsp of balsamic vinegar
- Salt and pepper to season
- Pre-heat oven to 200°C.
- Mix herbs, garlic and oil to form a paste and then rub herb mixture over the roast beef - cover evenly. Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
- Place prepared beef in a roasting pan and bake for 30 minutes.
- Reduce temperature to 180°C. Remove roast from the oven and place vine cherry tomatoes around the roast. Sprinkle with balsamic vinegar and a little olive oil.
- Return to oven and bake for a further 20 minutes for a medium roast.
- Remove roast from oven and place in a warm spot to rest for 20 minutes.
- Carve and serve with roast vegetables.