Check out this great recipe for home-made fish fingers!
Perfect to have with chips, with salad, or just as a snack on their own.
- 2 x 180g John Dory fillets, skin off, and trimmed
- 100g flour, seasoned with salt and pepper
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 150g (1 and a half cups) breadcrumbs
- Vegetable oil, for deep-frying
- 4 lemon wedges, to serve
- Cut the fillets into finger-sized pieces and place on paper towel.
- Dip the fish pieces into the seasoned flour, then into the beaten egg, and finally into the breadcrumbs.
- Deep-fry the fish in hot oil at 190°C for 3–4 minutes, until golden brown.
- Drain on paper towel and lightly salt.
- If you don’t have a deep fryer, use a large, deep saucepan filled with oil to a depth of 5 cm. To test the temperature of the oil without a thermometer, drop in a cube of bread. It will brown in about 15 seconds if the oil is hot enough.
- Serve on plates laid with a paper napkin and a wedge of lemon, or with a Vietnamese-style dipping sauce and a garden salad or chips.