These cake-based delights make for the perfect Christmas day dessert for all of the family.
Your little ones will love putting their decorating skills to the test, so make sure you dig out your aprons and bake-up a bit of Christmas spirit.
If you want to dress up your tree even more, add different coloured icing pens and Smarties for fun and festive creations.
Finish by putting them in a jar and tying a red ribbon around it.
Here’s the recipe …
- 3 eggs
- 175g self-raising flour
- 150g caster sugar
- 25g cocoa powder
- 175g soft butter
- 50g plain chocolate melted
- 50g milk chocolate melted
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Writing icing pens
- Candy canes
- Mini Smarties
- Preheat the oven to 160C Fan. Line a square tin 24 x 24cm with parchment paper and grease.
- Measure all of the cake ingredients into a bowl and mix using an electric hand whisk until smooth.
- Spoon into the tin, and bake for 20-25 minutes until springy to the touch (a skewer inserted into the middle of the cake should come out clean). Leave to cool.
- Slice into 9 squares and then slice into triangles, then decorate with writing icing pens or piped icing and Mini Smarties. Push short lengths of candy canes into the base of the chocolate triangles to make the tree trunks.