What’s the best accompaniment to any great meal? A great dessert. What’s a fantastic dessert? Chocolate brownies. There are many awesome recipes out there for brownies, but this one goes down pretty well. Try them with ice cream – it’s delicious!
- 200 grams chocolate
- 250 grams Butter
- 35 grams cocoa or drinking chocolate
- 4 large eggs
- 1-3/4 cups brown sugar
- 1 & 1/4 cups white flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- Nuts (optional)
- Choc chips (optional)
- Preheat oven to 160°C
- Place the chocolate and butter in a saucepan over low heat and stir until smooth.
- Allow to cool slightly.
- Place the sugar, eggs, cocoa, flour and baking powder in a bowl.
- Add the chocolate mixture and mix until combined.
- Add nuts and/or choc chips if using them.
- Pour into a 20cm-square slice tin lined with non-stick baking paper.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes - the middle should end up slightly soft.
- Leave for 5-10 minutes longer if you prefer harder brownies.
- Allow to cool slightly in the tin before slicing.
- Serve warm and enjoy!