What’s for dinner tonight? Still haven’t decided?
Why not try out this awesome recipe – this dinner recipe is a healthy version of a family favourite: Chilli Con Carne.
The recipe serves 1 but can easily be increased to serve the whole family as everyone will surely want a taste of this!
Plus it’s super healthy too! Per serve: calories 392, kilojoules 1646, protein 24.9g, total fat 17.5g, carbohydrates 23g, saturated fat 5.7g.
- 62.5g lean beef mince
- 35g carrot (1/2 medium carrot)
- 25g brown onion (1/4 medium onion)
- 1.5g garlic (1/2 a clove)
- 1ml cooking oil spray
- 25g red capsicum (1/4 medium capsicum)
- 7.5g tomato paste (1/2 tbsp)
- 100g tinned tomatoes
- 100g tinned red kidney beans
- 30g tomato (1/4 large tomato)
- 30g fresh coriander (1/4 bunch)
- 15g spring onion (1 spring onion)
- 10ml lime juice
- 25g baby spinach
- 10g small red chilli
- 1g ground cumin
- 1g smoked paprika
- 30g avocado (1/4 medium avocado)
- 20g Greek, natural reduced fat yoghurt (1 tbsp)
- Grate the carrot and finely dice the onion and garlic then sauté for 3 minutes until softened in a medium sauce pan with a spray of cooking oil spray.
- Add the cumin, paprika and mince and cook through for 5 minutes until the mince is browned.
- Dice the capsicum then add to the mince with the tomato paste, tinned tomatoes, drained kidney beans and 1/2 a cup of water and mix to combine. Then ?simmer over low – medium heat for 20-30 minutes until thick.
- Season with ground pepper and a little salt. Chop the fresh tomato then fold in together with spinach and chopped coriander just before serving.
- Place in a bowl and top with sliced red chilli to taste, sliced spring onions, chopped avocado, yoghurt, and the squeeze of lime.
– this recipe was kindly supplied by The Healthy Mummy.
If you like this recipe and would like more easy to prepare, family friendly, healthy meal plans then join The Healthy Mummy 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge here. The next challenge starts November 3.