Looking for a way to whip up a quick and healthy lunch?
Chicken and avocado is a brilliant combo!
This recipe is so easy to put together. It serves two, but the quantities can easily be increased to make an ideal family meal.
Would be great on a summer night for dinner too – it is getting hotter every day!
- 200g chicken breast fillets, skinless and boneless
- 1 & ¼ tsp Italian dried herbs
- ½ a small, crisp lettuce
- 1 small ripe avocado
- 40g snow peas
- 15g cashew nuts, raw, unsalted
- 30g extra light sour cream
- 1/8 tsp garlic, minced
- Juice of ½ a lemon
- Salt & pepper
- Diced chilli to serve (optional)
- Lightly toast the cashew nuts in a non-stick pan.
- Coat chicken breast in 1 teaspoon of the Italian herbs then cook in the non-stick pan for 3-5 minutes until cooked through.
- Meanwhile coarsely shred lettuce, chop avocado, and top and tail snow peas, mix together in a bowl along with the cashew nuts.
- Slice chicken breast or cube into 1cm pieces and then add to salad mixture.
- Make dressing in a small bowl by mixing together the sour cream, lemon juice, remaining ¼ tsp Italian herbs, garlic and salt & pepper.
- Stir dressing through salad ensuring all ingredients are combined well and coated.
- Optional – scatter with diced chilli to serve.
This recipe was kindly supplied by The Healthy Mummy. If you loved this recipe, join the Healthy Mummy 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge for more!