Sick of toast, cereal, or plain old porridge?
This recipe sounds exotic and interesting – and it’s so easy to make!
This breakfast recipe serves one, but can easily be increased to serve more. Cocoa and coconut together with quinoa make this a breakfast with a difference– delicious and so nutritious, the perfect way to start the day.
Per serve: calories 357, kilojoules 1496, protein 7.9g, total fat 11.4g, carbohydrates 51.8g, saturated fat 5.6g.
- 45g quinoa
- 15g cocoa/cacao
- 30g desiccated coconut
- 125ml reduced fat milk of choice
- 15ml honey
- Rinse the quinoa and then bring to the boil with ¾ cup of water in a small saucepan over medium heat.
- Reduce heat and simmer covered for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add milk, cacao, desiccated coconut, and honey, and simmer for a further 5-10 minutes. You may need to add an additional ¼ cup of water if all the liquid evaporates before the quinoa is cooked.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
If you like this recipe and would like more easy to prepare, family friendly, healthy meal plans then join The Healthy Mummy 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge here. The next challenge starts November 3.