If you are looking for a sweet treat this weekend that isn’t full of junk then try our recipe for apple cups.
To make life even easier these can be made in the microwave.
It is quick and deliciously sweet!
Microwave Apple Cups
- 2 apples
- 75g dried apricots, ready to eat
- 75g prunes, ready to eat
- 1 tbsp runny honey or agave nectar
- 1 tsp. mixed spice
- Zest and juice of 1 orange
- Halve each apple through the stem. Scoop out the core using your knife or a spoon.
- Dice the apricots and prunes. Mix with the honey, mixed spice and orange zest.
- Place each apple half into a microwaveable dish and fill the hollow of each apple with the mixture. Sprinkle the orange juice over the apples. Cover with cling and microwave the apples for 5-6 minutes until the flesh of the apples is tender.
Recipe serves 4. Calories per serving: 150, fat per serving: 0g.