+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default 35 weeks pregnant, so sad and alone.

Hi,
    Does anyone know of a helpline for pre natal deppression? I'm 35 weeks pregnant and my deppression has got that bad that all I ever do is cry and every time I cry I start to get labour pains. I had severe morning sickness for 3 months then was sick with low blood pressure by the second trimester and at 24 weeks pregnant was diagnosed with gestational diabetes and have been really sick with this. I have a 5 1/2 year old daughter that is a handful and a husband that doesn't even know what I'm going through because he doesn't care. Lack of support from my husband is making me feel so much worse. I have put on 8 kilos this pregnancy and my husband has started buying mens magazines and not wanting to come near me anymore. He makes up excuses that its the way I treat him but he can't back this up with any examples of things I have done to him. I know that he just does not find me attractive anymore and Im so upset I have ended up with someone so shallow. If I didn't have my daughter to look after I would run away and never come back.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi

I don't know of any prenatal depression numbers but maybe you could try beyond blue? Or if you are going through a public hospital ring the social work dept or maternity department and explain how you are feeling. There is heaps of help out there it's just finding it. I was severely distressed in my last pregnancy and in the end they admitted me to hospital for the last week to keep an eye on me and to make sure I could get some rest before my new baby arrived.

You are not alone

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Hun ring your midwives

I know how you are feeling somewhat i too have been losing it of late having a very strong willed 2yr old doesnt help !

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    im sorry i dont have much advice but i didnt want to ignore your post.Maybe start with your GP?they could point you in the right direction.How about life line?im sure i have heard of a pregnancy line but im not sure of the number,hopefully someone on here knows. to you and i hope you get some help soon xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Oh Ally
    8kg's that's nothing. I know how you feel, when I was preg with my son I was very depressed and it looks like it could had the same way this time (I'm 20 weeks) I am not sure of a help line, sorry I can't help you there. You could try calling the hospital maternity department and they may be able to point you in the right direction.

If you ever need to chat PM me.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Milliner For This Useful Post:

laurea (28-11-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ally,

I had very severe pre-natal depression with my first pregnancy and found the best place to start to get help was my local hospital. They run a MAMS clinic and have specially trained counsellors who can help you. I would call them even if you are going through an OB as they have to get you help.

You sound as though your depression is very severe and unfortunately men find it very hard to understand and deal with. My husband used to make me so desperate I used to scream and yell and hit and want to die. Thankfully I knew I had another life to take care of so never went to that extreme but they certainly can make what is a terrible situation worse.

PLEASE call your hospital asap and tell them it is an emergency and you must be seen straight away. Once you tell them how you feel they should attend to you straight away. My hosp was brilliant and made sure I had every support option available to me.

Can your daughter stay with your family for a few days to give you a break? You need to attend to your health as a priority.

Please PM me if you need further help or just someone to listen.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hi Ally,

your poor darling ..... I havn't had an easy pregnancy either (most difficult time in my life actually ). Your home situation is definetly making things alot worse for you though, thankfully I have a very supportive partner however. I am angry at your partner for how he is acting toward you! Do you have anywhere to go for a while, parents, anywhere, just to get away? He doesnt deserve you or your family!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yeah id try beyond blue.

Pm me if u need a chat! Soon u will have ur beautiful new baby and this will all be a memory.

xxxxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Here's a website that might help...

http://www.panda.org.au/

It's for the post and antenatal depression association - The help line number is 1300 726 306

11. The Following User Says Thank You to glamourgrrl For This Useful Post:

CookingMonster (03-10-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    me too ally, i was where you are. so hard to find help most people dont know it exisits.

I found being here on the hub helped me heaps.... and having a few people that i could really confide in...

PM if you want ot chat...... i am a sympathetic ear!