+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Feeling a little precious

Hi Everyone,

My 8 month old I think is starting to get her next tooth. She has her two bottom one's which I missed completely. It took another mum in the shopping aisle to suggest I check for bumps and there they were!!! (great mother I am). She didnt' have any signs or grumpiness..

Anyway this time I can tell, I have put bonjela on her gums and given her baby panadol. This seems to work but she is really really sooky along with it. If I pick her up and cuddle her then the tears stop. This has only started the last few days and I am concerned as she has been sleeping through for months now and I am worried that a trend might start with the waking up and needing a cuddle.

Hopefully someone can tell me that the sleep pattern goes back to the way it was...please tell me that...please...

Cheers
    Paula

Thanks
    Reviews

Post Teeth

Hi Paula,
    My DD cut her first top teeth within a couple of weeks of each other at around 9 months and I'm sorry to say that her sleeping pattern went out of whack. She was very sooky and cuddly too and had trouble settling and not sleeping when she normally would have.
    Someone also told me that the top teeth as well as the molars are more painful for baby to cut.
    DD who is now 10 months has just cut a bottom middle tooth and it seems not to have aggravated her as much.
    Just take one day at a time and hopefully her sleep pattern will go back to normal for you. I also used bonjela and also some homeopathic teething relief tablets which helped heaps.
    By the way, she is now sleeping better than ever now
    Lots of cuddles and kisses and soothing words will also help.
    Go with the flow and good luck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Paula,
    We have a few restless nights when teething but once the tooth has cut throught, she seems to go back to sleeping all night again. My DD has cross cut every tooth and we were told that this is more painful for them?, don't know why.
    Hope Grace starts sleeping all night again.
    Tracey

Thanks
    Reviews

Default mumof2girls

Hey Paula

I am here to tell you that Grace will go back to sleeping at night when her teeth come through, she just needs a little more attention to make her feel good at this point (& nothing makes them feel better than a big hug from mum or dad)!

My doctor tried to tell me not to use teething gels as if you got it on their tongue it can numb it and they could choke, mine never did (I chose not to listen to this piece of advice), but I found my girls loved to chew on unopened icy poles during the day.

Hope all goes well
    Kay

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi All

Very interested in what you are all saying as Lachlan has just started having restless (make that screaming) nights for the last two nights. He cut his bottom two teeth within two days (18th & 19th April) and I think his top ones must be on their way. Hubby and I are a bit shocked as Lachlan has slept through the night since he was 12 weeks old, so to be waking several times from 10pm to 3am each night is not what we are used to (I know we have been lucky but now I wish we hadn't as we might not be finding his so hard).

Our problem is that we found the teething gel is not strong enough, so we give him panadol but then he still can't settle enough to go back in his cot (which he has slept in since 1 week old). He will stop crying and doze off to sleep but as soon as we try and lower him into his cot he starts to scream again. We are having to resort to one of us sleeping on the spare bed with him but I am worried that we will start a habit we can't break, not to mention worrying that we might roll onto him or he might crawl off the end of the bed.

Any suggestions/advice??

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm not sure how you'd get you hands on it interstate but Adelaide Women's & Children's hospital have their own brand teething paint made from lignocaine (the stuff that dentists use to numb your gum before a needle). Unfortunately it is only available directly from the hospital even in Adelaide, but I guess you could try ringing their pharmacy??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Smile teething is hell

My son is cutting four teeth at the moment and he is in so much pain!. He is extremly clingy and miserable all day- I have found panadol and lots of cuddles to be very soothing for him. I can relate to his pain as my wisdom teeth are coming thru!!!
    Hang in there

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi All

Thought I should finally reply for anyone else out there looking for reasonable teething pain relief. We have been using SM33 gel (~$10/tube) for months now and it is brilliant. When Lachlan's molars were coming through, we had a fight to get the gel on his gums but once it was there he was his happy contented self.