+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Toddler seat? Or not?

Hi

I have an 8 week old DS and an almost 3 year old DD and I need to buy a new pram.
    My DD never uses her pram except when we are going out for the day and I know she will get tired walking around.
    I want to buy a 3 wheeler but I dont want a huge one that doesnt fit through any aisles and will take up the whole boot.

Is it worth me buying a toddler seat that DD will use only once in a while? Is there any smaller 3 wheelers that take a toddler seat? Or is my only choice the Valco as their toddler seat will take up to 20kg (DD is already 16.5kg) as the other toddler seats only take up to 15kg.

Thanks
    Last edited by pinkandblue; 16-09-2010 at 14:21.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I have the Phil and Ted E3. Perhaps that one may be worth checking out. I have a small car and it fits in the boot easily.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I've been looking into this too.... My DD is 4.5 yrs old but I can see that at times she will want to "be a baby" too, IYKWIM... And there'll be times when I can't wait for her to amble along at her own little pace ("ooh look mummy there's a crack in the pavement! Oh and there's another one!!" ) Anyhoo, I've decided to go with a kiddy board, it's like half a skateboard that hooks onto the back axle of the pusher, and she stands on it while I push the pusher. I've seen one brand which actually has a step on it, so she could sit down (facing backwards) if needed. But she's pretty excited about getting one of these, and they're only about $70 brand new (I'm hoping to get a good quality 2nd hand one). The other option I'd looked at was a double pusher (there's a few around that take up to 35kgs - Mountain Buggy is one I can think of) but the price (and the fact that it's twice as wide!) put me off that idea.
    Here's the Mountain Buggy version of what I'm talking about:
    http://mountainbuggy.com/aus/accesso...tml#kiddyboard

Good luck!

Ky is offline <--- Ruby, the most precious little red gem ever!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    We have a little skateboard for the back and used it heaps until dd was nearly 3yo when she could manage an hour or so walk without getting tired.

If you don't want to get a toddler seat or skateboard, make sure that you get a pram with a pipe rimmed basket and your eldest can stand on that and pop up between the handle and pram. This is the method we have used the most and it is convenient and easy.

The other options is ... if your eldest is a little lightweight like mine (just 14kg at nearly 5yo!) they can curl up in the basket and go to sleep! Bella has been known to do this regularly!