+ Reply to Thread
    punkbaby is offline Got it back :D
    Winner 2007 The most helpful member award & The member
    youd most like to meet in real life award & The newbie of the year award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts

Default Teeth dentures plates etc do you have one?

If you arent comfy saying it all in public feel free to pm me I had a fair wack of surgery on my jaw in feb which resulted in 10 teeth taken out on my lower jaw (they dug my bone out etc) and i also had to get half my top taken out. I have been wearing a plate to replace the missing teeth since february ( i am maxi petrified of the dentist and didnt want to go back getting implants and all that cra! not to mention i wouldnt be able to afford it!)

I have only had my top plate in though and not the bottom as my dentist said i would have to get them realigned which would cost me another $300 plus $700 for each set initially so i opted for the top only plus it gave my jaw a chance to heal properly! Considering i was spitting bone for 3 months i guess that was a good idea!

Now how long does it take to heal before i can get it all realigned and get my bottom plate, anyone know? I havent been using glue for my top plate as i was told my mouth would naturally suck it and hold it into place which it has. Now i find my mouths all healed at the top and i am ready for them to adjust it a little so its a firmer fit, although its pretty firm now i can eat quiet well etc. Is it worth getting them done now? Dentist is saying two different things and telling me to wait till chrissy but i hate not having my bottom back ones i miss chewing LOL plus the fact that i have to pay $700 to get my bottom and then $300 to realign the top its not cheap either so dont want to have to pay again in 6 months.

If any of you have them, when you got a firm fit like mine are now did you get them realigned or did you wait the full 12 months?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Thanks i had to get half my jaw bone cut away as they thought it was cancer thankfully it wasnt my plate holds really well and a actual prothetiest in the clinic made them for me but i feel like my mouth has heeled but they say yes do it then one sais no dont its like wtf?? GRRR i do however feel a bit of pain on one side which i am not happy with i would assume that i wouldnt have to pay as it was a mis mould of my mouth but they say no you just realign then till they fit properly! Considering i spent nearly 5k i would think they would be nicer about it i guess
    Frustrating i want someone who talks english not medical jargon to me IYKWIM

Thankyou though might get a second opinion maybe and see what they have to say

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thats it the hard part is finding somoene good mine was great till yesterday the thing is i wont sit in a chair even to get my plate made i freak out so i need someone who will understand that! i still have to pop a xanax

Yours sounds great though its good to hear that there are some good ones out there i freak out about some nasty one again! thats why i am where i am today!