+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Preg after Vasectomy Reversal...

Jello!
    Just wondering if anyone has any stories about getting preg after partner has had a vasectomy reversal?
    My husband is going in on 14 June with Dr Woolcott at Strathfield Private - he is coming up on 10 years with the vasectomy. I know that drops our success rates but Doc says given I am 28 (hubby is 37 soon) and I am in perfect production health it should be relatively easy....just looking for some reassurance I guess?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Hi

my Uncle had one done a few years ago when him and his ex wife were together.

they split up and he met his new wife who wanted kids.

he had it reversed and they tried IVF a few time without success.

but then his wife found out she was pregnant! they had conceived naturally.
    their DS is now 3 (and his oldest is 26!)
    And they just had a little girl in October last year (which was big surprise to both of them and they weren't even trying!).

3. The Following User Says Thank You to GraceUnhearing For This Useful Post:

Kaceyrose86 (30-10-2019)

Thanks
    Reviews
    My Dad's vasectomy naturally reversed itself and i ended up with a little sister. She was 8 years younger than my sister and 10 years younger than me.

When my Dad had a sperm count it was very, very low, but there was enough for my Mum to fall preg and she was 32.

Good luck!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi my husband had a vasectomy reversal done in June last year with Dr Woolcott in
    Newcatle after it being 8 years since the vasectomy. We are still trying to conceive. He had the sperm count and it came back with good results so it was a success of a operation. I have very long irregular cycles so that is what may be holding us back. But i know how you feel it is a big and costly decision. My best friend's husband had one and she fell only two months after and she was 32. So it is definately possible!
    All the best keep in touch!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Talia11, my cousins now ex husband had a reversal, but she had to have ivf to conceive , she became pregnant fairly quickly with ivf and had twins, but that was it they couldn't conceive again, sorry not much help, everyone is different i suppose. good luck.

jodie 37, hubby 42
    Rhiannah 17, Biankah 16
    Dane 11, Alisha 6
    Azminah 5, Zahid 3
    Zhakri 2, Khalid 15mths
    Azhar 12wks.

Thanks
    Reviews
    A fellow I work with went on to have 2 children after a reversal.

No IVF, no problems getting pregnant!!!

Belinda

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am glad to hear someone else has been with Dr Wollcott! We are lucky as my mum paid for it to be done so cost wasn't so mucha factor - I was all checked out as we were originally going to do IVF and I am in prime firtile condition (I am 28) and although I have never tracked my cycles, I have always been pretty regular at the end of each month (was on the pill for 10 years until Nov 2005 when I met my husband and I went off then, came back pretty quickly after a couple of months of irregular cycles).
    I have heard alot of stories from everyone of + and - both but I guess we just have to wait.....
    I guess we always have IVF to back up on, and will take that hurdle if we come to it!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    All the best for your hubby!
    Keep in contact and let us know how you go!

Thanks
    Reviews
    can I ask you what test did they do to check that you were in prime fertile condition? Just interested, cause I should of got that done before my husband had his??????

Thanks
    Reviews
    All the best Talia!!! fingers crossed for both of you hun!