Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Exclamation Do you know what year your baby starts Pre-Prep?

I had no idea that Connor started pre-prep next year!!! I thought it was the year after!!! The new school system is strange & confusing. Though I'd post this so you can work it out & book your littlies into a pre-prep.

CHILD born 1 July 2002 to 30 June 2003 is eligible for PRE-PREP in 2007 Prep is in 2008

Child born 1 July 2003 to 30 June 2004 eligible for PRE-PREP in 2008. Prep is 2009

Child born 1 July 2004 to 30 June 2005 eligible for PRE-PREP in 2009 Prep 2010.

Child born 1 July 2005 to 30 June 2006 eligible for PRE-PREP in 2010. Prep in 2011

Child born 1 July 2006 to 30 June 2007 is eligible for PRE-PREP in 2011. Prep 2012

The reason I posted this is that I had no idea!!! Its not very clear, but I hope this helps some one else

Kittylou is offline My precious Hamish, forever in my heart
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    What's pre-prep??? My DS started school the year before prep was introduced (he's in yr 2 now) so I didn't have to worry about that but I've never heard of pre-prep.

Leeny is offline ADMINISTRATOR
    I HATE YOU JENNNNIFFFEEERRRRRRRR!!!!!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Ok...So I know that prep has taken the place of what pre-school was...I think...would pre-prep be like what kindy was then? Because when I was younger, it went Kindergarden, Preschool, Grade 1....Is that correct? This whole school thing confuses me

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Leeny View Post
    Ok...So I know that prep has taken the place of what pre-school was...I think...would pre-prep be like what kindy was then? Because when I was younger, it went Kindergarden, Preschool, Grade 1....Is that correct? This whole school thing confuses me
    Yeah it is SOOOOOOOO confusing isn't it!!!

Pre-prep is like kindy used to be. But is more like pre-school hours. Prep is like pre school but is 5 days a week. Same as normal school hours.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Oh dear - I didn't even know there was such a thing . Geez - the way things are going, we will all be packing the kiddlies bags when they are 2 to send them to school .

Leeny is offline ADMINISTRATOR
    I HATE YOU JENNNNIFFFEEERRRRRRRR!!!!!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by poshBecks View Post

Pre-prep is like kindy used to be. But is more like pre-school hours. Prep is like pre school but is 5 days a week. Same as normal school hours.
    It is a bit!...I think im sorted now though...I was pretty sure dd went ot prep in 2010, but I didnt know about pre-prep...I knew that there were still some pre-schools around which you could enrol in...Do you know how much pre-prep costs? Or if its like normal prep?

Quote Originally Posted by Chumps View Post
    Oh dear - I didn't even know there was such a thing . Geez - the way things are going, we will all be packing the kiddlies bags when they are 2 to send them to school .
    I feel like we're shipping them off very early too...I think im gunna be one of those mums who pulls her kidlet out for a special day every now and then

Other then that, we're still looking into home schooling options...If the education system is still total b/s when dd starts school, I wont be putting her in.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by poshBecks View Post

Is pre prep compulsory??????

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Leeny View Post
    Do you know how much pre-prep costs? Or if its like normal prep?
    Depends where you put them in.. .my local C&K is about $450/term for a 3 day week. $300/term for a 2 day week.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oscar's mum View Post
    Is pre prep compulsory??????
    I dont think so.

drewid is offline Meet the amazing boy who falls asleep with a sandwich in his mouth!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Holy cow, now I'm starting to freak out! I live under a rock, I hadn't even thought of the COSTS of pre-prep. I think I might have to start saving now if I'll have any chance of affording it by 2009!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    It's very confusing. I always thought my older one starts Prep in 09. But now, I see, that he starts in 2010. That's bizarre.

I've never heard of Pre Prep either. I thought, once they're 5 yesrs old, or the year, they're turning 5. they start with Prep.

Why did they had to introduce Prep? It's the only State where has that stuff..

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast