Closed Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Question I want to get my baby into modeling..

Does anyone know any good baby modeling agencies in South Australia?

I want to get my 7.5 month old baby boy into modeling and perhaps acting but don't know where to start!

Any info would be greatly appreciated,

Thanks

Thanks
    Reviews

Thumbs up Modelling contacts

The following information was given to me by Sue Walsh (Castcoord)...hope it helps... I am just too darn far away to use it!

I'll give you a couple of names of extras/ model agencies that might be able to help you. I would suggest that if you decide to get involved you shop around as different agents charge different amounts, some charge a set amount to add your little ones photo to their web page (which is where people like me start looking) then a percentage of any monies earned.
    Babyfaces = Hayley 9212 6877 or 0412 557 504 or
    HJ@galaproductions.com.au
    Lollipops = Natalie 83546900 or natalie@lollipops.com.au
    Brent Street Agency = David 9699 2677 or agency@brentstreet.com.au

Thanks
    Reviews

Talking re: modelling contacts

thanks sooo much for the contacts!

I will give them a go and see what happens!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ya, hope you don't mind me asking but why would you want to have your son modelling at such a young age? Do you think he will enjoy it?

Just curious (no offence intended).

Thanks
    Reviews

Angry No offense intended????!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Scarlett
    Hi ya, hope you don't mind me asking but why would you want to have your son modelling at such a young age? Do you think he will enjoy it?

Just curious (no offence intended).
    Well, well, well... No offense intended huh?! Why ask such a dumb and RUDE question then?!

For your information, my baby boy LOVES to play around infront of a camera. Frankly, he loves all the attention.. So the answer to your stupid question is YES, I do think he will enjoy it...

And the answer to your other question why I would want my son modelling at such a young age... How the hell else do you think they advertise for the nappies you use, or the clothes you buy for your baby etc. Or even the TV shows that you watch that, surprise surprise, have babies in them...

My intentions if you must know were to open a savings account for my baby and any money earnt modelling or acting would go straight into that for when he is old enough to drive and go to uni etc etc because god knows the price of such things would be unheard of by the time our kids are young adults and god knows that I don't know if I will be able to help him at that stage. No one knows what the future holds..

So, next time you want to ask a dumb question, (no offense intended ofcourse!) be sure to think about it first..

Thanks
    Reviews

Smile Some babies are naturals!

Olivia my 7 months old also LOVES the camera, she smiles and plays up to it whenever she shes one! So i think some babies just want to pose all the time!!

I think it is great that you are thinking of your sons future, especially if it will be something he gets enjoyment from! Good luck

Thanks
    Reviews
    hi saw this and thought I'd add my 2 cents lol...
    firstly milkshake I think those contacts may be sydney... I know Brent st definately is (I used to go there many years ago lol) and lollipops is as my DD was with them (they may have branched out I am not sure it's been a while but I just thought I'd let you know)
    I did alot of modelling and acting in my teens - early 20's and I loved it, I went to a perfrming arts school so It was kinda expected I would go into the field, I modelled right up until I was 5.5mths preg with DD1, when I had her because I knew alot of contacts in the industry I got her involved, she loved it, she did covers for parenting mags when she was really young and as she got older she started doing clothing shoots for bambini, GB's (now myer) and David Jones, she stopped when she was 5 because we moved to the country and there was no way for us to get her to the castings, now she is 7 and she misses it, she picks up bits and pieces occassionally when there are things happening up this way but not very often. I think that alot of her confidence came from all she has done, I am a bit sad that my other kids haven't had the same ops as her.
    so I feel in this case it has been a good thing and had a positive influence but do research it because there are some shonky agents that will just take your money, and remember that NO agent can GUARANTEE work.
    Last edited by 5cherubs; 26-10-2004 at 18:32. Reason: to add something extra

Thanks
    Reviews

Talking thankyou

thankyou 5cherubs for your POSITIVE input! It really means a lot!

I have actually been in contact with an agency in adelaide that's called mostly kids. they cater for all the major businesses like myer and harris scarfe and huggies etc.

I just have to come up with $100 for the registration fee first. (that's for his first 4 years)

My baby is nearly 10 months old already and I wanted to come up with it earlier and am now fearing he is getting too old for all the baby jobs..

Oh well, never mind. Thanks again!

Thanks
    Reviews
    If you are getting a positive vibe from this agency that's great, and $100 is a great regestration fee (alot can cost much more)

I wouldn't worry too much about the baby jobs because now he will be getting around a bit and lots of smiles and gooing and gaaing so there will be other jobs.

Thanks
    Reviews
    That rego fee sounds fabulous - do they have any connections in Brisbane or does anyone know of any??

Jenni

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast