+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    MilkOnTap is offline Rivi Cecilia - my 2nd VBAC Home Birth has arrived!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Cool Erm... when are you due?? (Have a giggle!)

Last night we went out to bogan-ville RSL just down the road to have dinner with friends and watch the Origin. I have NEVER in my life received so many GLARES from people - of course all staring at my belly as though they have never seen something quite so large and round (though come to think of it I dont think I'VE ever seen anything quite so large and round )

Anyhoo - funny thing. One extraordinarily drunk guy came up and just stared at my belly. Just stood in front of me and stared! He then asked me when I'm due - and so I told him that I'm not pregnant! Absolutely hilarious.

Another guy asked if its twins, so I told him that I accidentally swallowed a watermelon seed

What funny belly/preggie related incidents have you been involved in??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    some guy asked me 'what i'd been up to' staring at my belly

i was eating KFC chips at the time
    and i said i've just been eating to much KFC

i was about a week or 2 off my due date

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    After I had my son my belly was still rather big ( bigger than normal) And i was asked when i was due..... I said err like I had him a week ago

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by luckie_me View Post
    After I had my son my belly was still rather big ( bigger than normal) And i was asked when i was due..... I said err like I had him a week ago
    haha yeha i got that with my son too

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I was massive with caleb and ppl would come and see us about once a week, I think i was about 30 weeks pg when one of dh frends came over and started asking why i hadnt had the baby yet, i just gave him an evil stare.He kept saying the same thing or havnt u poped yet blah blah! Until one day he came over and said it before i let him in or even told DH he was there, so i slammed the door in his face, i thought it was funny! Didnt even mention to Dh he was even at the door when he asked me who it was.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by luckie_me View Post
    I got that too Meg... G was back in hospital and the Peads Dr asked me if we were expecting no. 2 already... I said - UMMMM - LOVEY HE IS 3 WEEKS OLD!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    With Jayden i was massive, and i had comments like are you having twins. I had a comment like why arent you in hospital, what are doing here? Another one was were you due a month ago?? Its amazing the things people say at that time of pg, you just feel like swinging one!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by bekkyboo View Post
    I got that too Meg... G was back in hospital and the Peads Dr asked me if we were expecting no. 2 already... I said - UMMMM - LOVEY HE IS 3 WEEKS OLD!!!
    LOL

I was 3 days over and going for a walk. Some random old dude asked me why wasn't I at home resting in case the baby came LOL

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I have the opposite effect.

I was talking to someone the other day and saying "blah blah blah....i only have 3wks left of work left" They said why? Did I get a new job?

No I told them I was 28wks pregnant. Their mouth dropped (close it or you'll catch a fly) and they aplogised and said they didn't realise I was even pregnant.

I just said "well I know I look fat but" They blushed and hurridly left. So I am only asumming that they indeed thought I was just fat!!

After 2 other children what do they expect but please can someone at least notice I am pregnant!!

It is not the first time people haven't realised - in fact I don't think anyone has realised until I told them.

Think I'll just go and cry now!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Being a chubbier girl, I had the same experience. Even a few weeks ago it happened and I think it's quite obvious now!