View Poll Results: Which Name Would You Choose?

Voters
46. You may not vote on this poll
  • Charlotte

36 78.26%
  • Gwen

6 13.04%
  • I'd die before naming my girl either of these names

4 8.70%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Opinions Needed!!

Ok I have a few ideas. We don't know if its a girl or a boy yet, but the boy side is pretty much figured out (Xavier if it ends up being a boy). The girl side is having a bit of trouble though. We originally were going with Charlotte (despite all our relatives over 50 chanting "Charlotte the Harlot"), but recently I've grown attached to Gwen (which is my grandmothers name). Don't know how it'll go with my husband yet, and I thought I'd see what others thought of those two names first. So.. if it was you and you HAD to pick one of those two names... would you choose Charlotte or Gwen?

Veve is offline Assistant Forum Manager :)
    Winner 2007 - best signature
    Winner 2008/2009/ 2010- naughtiest mod

RG always has to save my butt <3
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    LOL - ignore the reles... doesn't matter WHAT name you choose... some teasing will happen (my brother used to get Scott the snot ) - I love the name charlotte... I'm not so fussed on Gwen - but it will probably be cooler now that gwen steffani (sp?) is so 'in'

xxx
    Jen

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I like both names sorry, but i like Charlotte better i guess.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think both names are lovely, but Charlotte is my favourite (obviously!!!)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    I don't really like Gwen (not that it matters what I think) but I like Charlotte.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Absolutly adore the name Charlotte!

Have you thought of Gwen as the middle name in honour of grandma? (bearing in mind I don't know what your surname is so don't know if it goes but just a thought anyway )

Thanks
    Reviews
    My preference is Charlotte too.. but I still think if you get a good feeling about a name and it just sits right with you, nobody else's opinion matters. Babies pick their names before they are born (that's what I believe) and then they just have to get it through to you somehow! So go with what feels right.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I like Charlotte best, but it doesn't matter what we think, its up to you guys, and what feels best....

I like MissUnderstood's idea of using Gwen as a middle name too, it sounds nice together, so long as it would go well with your surname?

Thanks
    Reviews
    "Harlot" is a very old fashioned insult, it's like calling someone a "dork" or a "blockhead"...it was offensive in like 1952, but it's 2006. A little girl is hardly going to be upset being called "Charlotte the Harlot" and honestly, not many kids are going to think of doing that anyway. Charlotte is a lovely name, my grandmother happens to love it, too Charlotte was the classy lady in SATC, too.

I like the name Pandora, and so many people have gone "hahaha, Pandora's Box!" That honestly would not put me off naming my daughter Pandora, if some filthy and small minded people can put an unsavoury spin on a name, that speaks volumes about them.

Gwen's nice, too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I really like the name Charlotte,and Charlotte Gwen does sound nice together too.