+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default I am not coping with DS at the moment!!

Hi Everyone!
    I am at my wits end with DS at the moment and am having serious meltdowns when he is asleep He is perfect for me on our own, but I do FDC and with the other kids around he is a devil
    I love him so much, but find myself getting really cranky with him and my patience with him has almost evaporated I dont know what to do, and I feel like the worlds worst mother at the moment@!
    He is contantly whining, and he hasnt done this for months, his speech is very good for his age, and the whining is driving me batty! He is acting like an 18month old, not a 2.5yr old!
    He wont do ANYTHING I tell him to do (during daycare hours), and thinks whats good for everyone else doesnt apply to him!
    He chucks a wobbly when he drops something...today it was his balloon. Its often his dummy or something and Its right there next to him, so have no idea what the story is??
    And on the other scale throws things (his dummy etc) and then demands I pick them up, and wobblies if I say no you do it!
    I know its terrible two behaviour but I need strategies! I cant handle this **** with the other 4 kids all day or I am going to have a breakdown! I feel like I am already part way there!
    My holiday is due in 3 weeks, so the countdown is on, but the rest of my kids arent really a problem, its my own son
    HELP ME!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    hmmm, maybe the other kids are a problem? could it be that he just wants mummy's attention all to his self?
    i don't have much good suggestions, because i am not feeling like i am coping so great with my own kids right now. but i do realise that one of the big reasons for misbehaviour is that attention seeking.

is there anyway to spend a bit more one on one time with him, maybe talk about how he has to share you with the other kids, but that he will then get his own special time to do what he wants with just the two of you?

hope that you find something to help.

Thanks
    Reviews
    It'd be an attention seeking thing surely!
    Maybe try to make him feel more important than the other kids. Try giving him something that he's in charge of, like putting toys out for the others, or choosing which book to be read if you have a story time. If he does something good, maybe go really over the top with appraisal to make him feel even more special.

Tell him before the other kids arrive that he has to be mummy's little helper, that he has to help watch over the other kids and let you know if there's something wrong etc. Then tell him that this is a really important job and ask him if he thinks he can do it.

Hopefully something like this will help! It may not happen overnight, but hopefully it will give him something else to think about for a little while anyway!
    If I can think of anything else, I'll post again...
    Good luck hun!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My 2.5yr old DD is doing the same thing. She drops her toys right next to her starts whinging and demanding I pick them up, she then gets up set if I tell her to pick them up. Another thing if she doesn't get her own way she makes out that something is sore and starts crying or she bites her finger and says it hurts.

I think it is a stage they must go through. I usually tell her to stop being silly and walk away. Thats what usually works for me. I can't wait for her to grow out of it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I have no advice as im going through the exact same thing with DD (nearly 2.5).

She will whinge for her dummy when she can clearly see its right infront of her. She will whinge for an apple for ages, then when i give her one she will throw it on the floor and just start crying.
    I dont know what she wants, she doesnt know what she wants, but she wants somthing and she wants it now.

Im tend to try and guess what she wants, asking her if she wants this or that, or the other,.,.,,that just makes her hysterical, so I try ignoring her, then she just follows me around whinging.

Iv had enough, Im right there with you!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks everyone for your replies...it makes me feel much better to know I am not the only one this is happening to! I thought I was an aweful mother!
    Another thing that drives me nuts with him is this NO thing! We will be shopping and he will be saying to every other person, "NO LADY", "I DONT LIKE LADY" etc etc...it makes me cringe! I wish I could tape the mouth shut! It is so embarrassing!