+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Question Baby No. 2,3,4...

What are other people's experiences on age gaps between siblings? Did you plan the gap, or leave it to nature?

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Mine are 16 months apart

I have 2 boys with 16 months between them. We always wanted them close, since the first one was easy we went for it. Now it is just starting to (in the last week - touch wood) get better. They are now 20 months and 4 months. You see and hear of lots of people having them close(r) together and no-one said it was hard. We found it difficult and it makes you feel like you are the only ones who can't cope. Anyway, I keep telling my husband its only short term pain and they will be best mates later on. I guess it depends on the nature of your children. If we have a 3rd it won't be for at least another 3 years.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think that it is different for everyone, in their ability to cope with little ones close together or to deal with the varying interests / needs of children furthar apart. My four children are 9, 5.5, 2 and four months. I have had 3 + years between the first three (partly due to choice, partly due to fertlity!) I have had my number four only two years after number three, and have found it much more difficult. The biggest difficulty is dealing with a 2 year old and a newborn and the school / preschool run each day. In and out of the car, twice each day with a double pram and a toddler that can rival Houdini is not a lot of fun. A lot of people I know have found it easier having them under two years apart, rather than over two years apart. this means you are over the baby stage by the time the first goes to school. But, I am glad that my eldest two are at school (one five days & one five days a fortnight) to give me time to devote to the babies. My kids all get along pretty well at their ages, and we make sure to give them all one on one 'dates' with Mummy and Daddy. This works well for us. Organisation is the key, and a supportive husband and family. Good luck in your future family expansion.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts

Red face 4 years!

My girls have a 4 year gap and I would not want it any closer!

Thanks
    Reviews
    7 years between my daughter and son due to fertility problems.
    wanted them very close but i am very happy with how they are together.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default 6 years

i have a boy who is 6 and a girl 6 months. i would say both have their ups and downs.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We always knew that we wanted to have a few children and the first 2 are 22months apart. I personally found it to be really good as you are still dealing with baby issues when you are pregnant and so aren't starting over so to speak. With this one (due in about 3 weeks) there will be a gap of 31months between No.2 and 3 as I had my hands full, but we are planning on having one more child within 2yrs after this one. So we will end up with 2 close in age - a good gap - and 2 close in age. It really just depends on your coping abilities but I think parenting is just one of those things that you get better at as you go along and so it becomes a little easier. It also depends on how many you want to have, if you only want say...2 kids, then that gives you a lot more time to have them in. My husband and I wanted to complete our family whilst we are still under 35 (I'm 29, he's 32), so that is what has suited us. But it's really a personal decision and just go with whatever feels right for you and your family.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi , we had our 2 children 2yrs 3 mths apart we have a girl 4 and a boy 2. This seems to be a good gap as they do get along better now.It's just our young fella is hitting the terrible twos and that sems a whole new ball game lol. But all and all they get on just fine.

Raylee Guest

Talking Close is great

Hi, I've got two girls 10 months apart (that bit was nature!) and a five year gap, then a boy and a girl 11months apart. I would have had 4 in four years if I'd had a choice!! I'm trying for number 5 and I wouldn't want more than 2 years apart but baby number 4 is 10 months now and we've been trying for 6 months with no luck as yet.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Whoa, your game Raylee