+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default What about Unique Girls names?

Im due on monday and my partner and i still havent got names, at least ones we can agree on. He likes Anika Tamsyn and i like Hunter Rose? What do u think on unique names such as these? and i dont want the baby to go to long with out a name, it feels wrong????

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi,
    I love the sound of hunter rose. i think is is a great little girl name and it wont outgorw her either.

i am expecting baby no 2 in sep and we have picked out soraya

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I like the names Tirra, Aurora, Willow, Zara, Imogen, Annabella, Isla, Kiara, Marella, Camille, Christa, Tasha, Miriam and Xanthe. These are names you don't hear too often.

Good luck. Naming babies was one of the hardest things I ever had to do

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi there Ela23, My name is Haana Rose, so I am biased with Hunter Rose... Another really neat name is Harper, I like this one alot... Much to the disgust of my Husbands family... We are due with bub #3 in August and aren't sure what I am having yet, we have 2 girls already, Their names are Raoni Rose and Lily June, I was going to call Lily, Lily Rose, But my husbands mum felt left out as my middle name was named after my mother, So June comes from my mother in laws middle name... This time around I don't care about anybody, I really love the name Jude for a boy and my husbands family hate it, All the more reason to call him that... I also like Bella Grace for a girl, which they say sounds like a dogs name, I love it, and if my husband was going to pick up a baby book to help with the decision making then maybe just maybe I would consider his ideas...

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Girl's names

I love all those names too. Harper and Hunter especially, and I know someone with a little girl named Aurora, just beautiful.

We have had a girl's name picked since our son was born, over 3 years ago, Jenaya Paige. Our only problem will be the spelling, as his ex was called Jennifer and he wants to spell it Genaya.

I just hope we don't get sick of it by the time it comes to choosing

I understand Haana about the husband thinking about it too. I found I have to walk around the house with a book going "how's this? what about this one? etc".
    Much easier if he reads it!

Have fun

Christine.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My partner picked our sons name, from the sound of things i was lucky he took an interest

I worked in childcare before having my son and some of the girls names were SAVANNAH, KALIA, SIENNA, LAYNE...they are the only ones i can remember, that must say something about those kids My sisters middle name is Siane.

Just make sure that the name you choose doesn't sound funny with your last name and that it doesn't give them embarassing initials, (like P.M.S., thats mine, for a few more weeks til I get married) but then my name will sound funny with my partners last name so i really can't win either way
    Anyway, just something to think about

Thanks
    Reviews
    Harper Rose and Hunter Rose both sound beautiful. Rose must be one of the most popular middle names as I work in a public library and i see it all the time now, maybe just take more notice because my daughters middle name is Rose.
    Good luck

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts

Default I Love Names

I think that girls are easier than boys, its a good thing I have not had a son .

I like Cadence (music ?), Aurelia or Aurelie (golden), I LOVE Anastasia (but its too long for our surname), Amelia (but we already have a cousin, Millie)

Best of luck (you both need to like what ever name you choose), our DD2 was named the only name hubby and I could agree on

Cheers

ps do check out the initials, my hubby swears he knows a family with the surname Ness (or something v similar) and with sons Andrew and Peter. Think of it, A Ness and P Ness (you'd think after the first you'd be sure to make sure DS2 didn't suffer that same problem - perhaps its an urban legend... )

Thanks
    Reviews
    My partner and i had such a hard time naming our daughter. She was 5 days old and we had left the hospital before we named her. In the end i got my pick on the first name and dad picked the middle.

I love unusual names like Echo and Chardonay but there was no way my partner would let me chose a name like that.

Shae
    Last edited by shae-matilda'smum; 02-08-2007 at 22:21.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default My 2 cents

Hi guys,

As an ex-teacher I thought I would just throw in a few comments that you may want to consider (these are just what I think - feel free to disagree!!).
    1) YES definitely think about initials
    2) YES make sure you think about your surname
    3) Think about possible shortenings - kids are cruel (I'd worry about Harper getting "Harpie")
    4) Give your kid a name that they could cope with if they are shy, acne-riddled, having learning difficulties etc. Your kid may be the most quirky, outgoing, popular, smart kid in the school (in which case they could get away with being called Stinky) but on the other hand they probably won't.
    5) Be VERY careful with names that could be either male or female (especially for boys, as names tend to 'drift' in the female direction - just ask a man called Kelly or Tracey what they think of their name!).
    6) If a name has a standard spelling USE IT. It's a pin for kids to constantly have to spell their name.

Good Luck!

Lucy