+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Would you chip your child?

Would you pay to have a chip put into your child at birth so that you knew where they were at all times? If it was 100% medically safe? (and pain free)
    Incase they ever got lost or kidnapped? What about when they are teenagers? Would you tell them they were chipped?

I would...DH said he wouldn't do any of it.
    The only reason I would do it is so if anna ever got kidnapped I would be able to tell her exact location.

What about you? Would you?

OJandMe is offline I am the strength my children will have.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    No way in hell would I ever insert some kind of monitoring device into my child....

call me a conspiracy theorist but I just get all sorts of visions of AZIO agents and government mind control....

chipping is for pets, not for people... JMO

Thanks
    Reviews
    I would. BUt i would have it so it was only accessed in a case of an emergency, like kidnapping. If it wasnt restricted in that way, I wouldn't do it beacuse of the whole trust issue when they are teenagers.

As long as those restrictions are there I would have no problem telling my child as a teenager..

For pets? Pets are chipped because they are loved and because they do not have the same capabilities as adults and cant exactly tell people they are lost that is what is done. Sure you can have the conspiracy theories but that just sounds like something for the movies.

Of course I would be suspicious if the goverment was doing it for free..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by OJandMe View Post
    No way in hell would I ever insert some kind of monitoring device into my child....

call me a conspiracy theorist but I just get all sorts of visions of AZIO agents and government mind control....

chipping is for pets, not for people... JMO
    That's what DH said.

Id still do it....just imagine if you ever lost your child...or they were ever kidnapped.....it could locate them immediately and potentialy save their life. (that's not aimed at you, Im just saying).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by natasha View Post
    That's what DH said.

Id still do it....just imagine if you ever lost your child...or they were ever kidnapped.....it could locate them immediately and potentialy save their life. (that's not aimed at you, Im just saying).
    thats why i would very much consdier it, im so scared that jake might get kiddnapped one day

Mamaduke is offline Jacob Louis has arrived!
    Winner 2007 – The ‘Tell It Like It Is’ Straight Shooter Award
    & The Most Passionate Crusader Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    That is a great question natasha...
    I just don't know...may have to think about it some more...
    Very good question.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    1984 here we come
    I am not sure maybe maybe not they are tiny and in dogs they are just injected in with a needle I think I should have one so when I get lost I an just ring up someone and they can locate me

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hee hee, I might pop a dog collar and tags on them .

No, seriously, I can see the appeal, but no, wouldn't do it. I wonder in the future what we will have though, I mean you can now find your friends pretty instantly with a mobile phone, no more waiting around wondering where people are when they are late.

Perhaps some sort of monitoring device for our children will one day become commonplace???

OJandMe is offline I am the strength my children will have.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    still wouldn't do it.

I just don't trust the future.. and kind of electronic device in my child doesn't sound right to me (unless medically necessary )

And I think kidnappers would find a way around it... maybe just cut off the limb where the chip would be located.... that would be a very easy way to mislead the police and send them on a wild goose chase.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by lukaelmo View Post
    Perhaps some sort of monitoring device for our children will one day become commonplace???
    DH says he is going to buy a watch for DD when shes older with a tracking device built into it, or put one in her shoe or something....apparently they have been around for years but are very expensive.