Quote Originally Posted by Briannabear View Post
Here's another great recipe site - http://search.allrecipes.com/recipe/...iteid=52&srt=1 There's like 200 slow cooker recipies but you can narrow down your search. I found the site the other day!
Quote Originally Posted by Briannabear View Post
I kind of made the recipe up as I went along so Im not sure of exact measurements, but I'll give it a go! Its a very basic recipe but it tastes great. (good dinner the day before pay day iykwim!)

Chicken & Sweet Corn Risotto

500g chicken breast (cubed)
Can creamed corn
Small can corn kernals
2 cups of aborio rice
2 cups chicken stock
Packet of creamy chicken and vegies soup (made up in 1 1/2 cups of water)
Salt and Pepper to taste

(I think that was it?!)

Add it all into the slow cooker.
Cook on High/Fast (my slowcooker was on 2 setting) until chicken and rice are cooked through.
You'll need to regularly check the risotto to keep adding more water as its cooking.
Yummo!
Quote Originally Posted by ButterflyKisses View Post

Burmese Chicken
Serves 4-6

2 tablespoons Oil
1 medium chopped onion
1 1/2 tablespoons Lemon Grass(you can buy this already sliced in jars)
1 bay leaf
1 small red chilli finely chopped
4 crushed garlic cloves (I usually just buy crushed garlic in the jars)
3 tspns fresh ginger (either root ginger or crushed ginger in a jar is ok)
1 1/2 tspns ground turmeric
1/4 tspn of ground cardamom
1/2 tspn of ground cinnamon
1/4 tspn of ground cumin
1/4 tspn of ground coriander seeds
1/4 tspn of ground ginger
1/2 tspn of salt
1/2 tspn of cracked black pepper
1.5kg chicken breast fillets, halved
1 cup chicken stock
Fresh coriander, chopped to serve (optional)

1. Heat up oil in a non-stick pan. Cook onion over a medium heat until just soft. Stir in lemon grass, bay leaf, chilli,garlic, ginger, turmeric, cardamom, cinnamon, cumin, coriander, ground ginger, salt & pepper. Cook for 1 min or until fragrant.

2. Add chicken to the pan. Stir to coat with onion mixture. Place chicken and onion mixture in the slow cooker.

3. Add the stock. Cover and cook on HIGH 1 1/2 hours then LOW for 3 hours or alternatively cook on AUTO for 5-6 hours.

Spoon onto serving plates and top with coriander if required. Serve with steamed rice, papadams or sambals or whatever you like.
Quote Originally Posted by ArnaNZ View Post
I make soup in my slow cooker - just bung all the leftover vegies from the week, add 1/2 cup of red lentils, a large onion, garlic, 1 cup of vegie stock and a tin or 2 of chopped tomatoes (depending on how big your pot is) and top up with water. It's a bit of a mish-mash but it's sooooooooo yummy!!!

Also I'm putting my mother-in-law's Swiss Steak in too as I'm taking most of the recipes from this site to try out over the next wee while - it's only fair that I give something tasty back

Swiss Steak

500g of chuck steak
1 tin of condensed tomato soup
1 large onion
2 tablespoons of brown sugar
1 tablespoon of vinegar
1 teaspoon of mustard (any type that you prefer, I use dijon)

Basically throw it all into the slow cooker (meat raw) stir around and cook on low for 6-7 hours. So yummy with rice!!
Quote Originally Posted by vicsta View Post
Steak with Plum & Sesame Sauce

500gm steak cut into strips
1 jar of plum and sesame sauce or whatever flavour you like
same amount of water
cauli
frozen brocoli
frozen beans
carrots cut into strips (julienne i think?)
1 tin of corn kernels
1 onion
garlic to taste

throw all the vegies in the bottom of the slow cooker.
coat the steak with flour and brown in frypan,
cook onion and garlic in frypan
put the steak, onion and garlic on the top of the vegies and tip in bottle of sauce and water
cook on low for approx 8 hrs

Serve with rice