+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Family members not talking to me?

Hi, before i even got "prego", my brother was not talking to me. or any of his family, wife (my friend) kids etc........ now i am my other family members say i should tell them. but the problem is it was their chocie not to have anything to do with me. so i can not see why i should be the one to do all the phoning and stuff? can anyone give me any ideas on what i should do. i thought about leaving a message on their machine but even that sounds silly. ideas please..........

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bugger 'em.

Share the news with your friends that will share your joy. What if your news is not met with the happiness you feel?
    I don't know the history and I'm feeling rather sporty at the moment so this is just my first reaction.
    Needing your family at this time is a pull we all feel. Let your other family members tell them. Let these people call you. It may be a good time to re-build bridges, but you are now the preggo princess, and it is time to take care of YOU.

Like I said, feeling pretty sporty right now, ignore me if you like!!

Good luck and CONGRATULATIONS!!

MWAH

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts

Default USe a go-between

Gosh, even though I was speaking to any and all members of my family, we still only called a few people and asked them to spread the news for us. Perhaps (definately) we're just lazy

Get someone else to be your messenger...

Cheers

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Why not just write them a short letter or card and mail it to them / drop it in their letterbox?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Can you think of even one person that will speak to them for you? An aunt or family friend who isn't on the outer with you but still talks to them? Tell that person and ask them to pass on the news for you. That was they get to find out but you don't have to do it yourself. Also you won't be directly on the receiving end of a cold shoulder if that's how they decide to react. It might be just the news they need to try to repair things. Then again, if they don't contact you, what have you lost? And at least you'll know where you stand.