+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Smile car seats

hi all,
    i was just wondering at what age/weight should the rear facing car seat be turned around to face foward??

tahnks
    peace
    nel, steve and jarrah

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello,
    The question you ask has been dicussed on a different page. If you go to Bub Hub questions then t he 2nd page of that it is the first question asked.

But If you look on your carseat it should tell you. Most of the carseats bought before (just guessing) mid 2004 will be turn around at 8 or 9 kilos approx 6mths. But if your bub is like my 3 they didn't get to 8kilo till they were 9mths or so.
    I rang safe and sound and they addvised me to keep bub in baby postion till they made the min wieght.

The new car seats (not in all brands but most) go to 12kilo in baby position.
    This is because of the fusing of the neck bones and muscle etc doesn't happen till around 12mths or so. Thats why in American TV you see bigger babies in reverse.
    I think I explain this better in the other thread. If you have trouble finding the other thread or you would like more info send me an email and I will tell you everything I learnt when looking into it myself.
    Emma