+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default What does the MC do?

I had a thread a few weeks ago about being bridesmaid at my friends wedding, and having some issues due to my EDD being very close to wedding date.

I have since pulled out of the bridal party and the baby is very much now allowed to attend ceremony and reception (I believe her mother had had words with her about it all and explained what having a baby is like) My friend is still wanting me to change my mind, however has offered me to do the MC stuff at the reception. I havent agreed yet as i have no idea what is involved. Only been to about two weddings in which i drank alot of wine and dont remember the exact proceedings .

Will this job be too involved with a newborn? Given that its alot less than being bridesmaid?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    The MC is the person who anounces everything. My MC at my wedding announced our arrival including attendents, all the speeches, the cutting of the cake, the bridal waltz & if it is a buffet dinner the table numbers.
    I don't think it will be too much you will just have to ask your friend what she wants you to do exactly that way you can prepare before the night.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ok cool - i think i should be able to handle that!

TeamAwesome is offline No one's perfect, but everyone can be awesome.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    yeah shouldn't be too hard with a bub so long as your DP is happy to watch her.
    Just make sure you talk to your friend and see what she wants and expects from you.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default What does the mc do

Our MC introduced the bridal party upon arrival, he also said how he knew my DH and i so maybe you could say how long you have known your friend and how you guys met.
    He then advised guests where the toilets were and what time the drinks package finished. He then announched the cutting of the cake and told people to feel free to go and take photos. i think the last thing he did was introduce people that were making speeches. Its abit of an up and down job so don't feel like you will have to stand up there in front of everyone all night.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for that.

Dp should have no worries looking after bub it shall be an adventure for both of us!

I think i should be fine with being MC by the sounds of it. Doesnt sound too bad really, so should be all good

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    sounds great