+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default How early can you really test?

Girls

The pregnancy test I tried last night said that it could give a positive reading as early as 7-10 days after ovulation (I was on day 7). It came up negative for me, but i'm not worried as i think I've tested too soon.

Out of interest, how early did you test to get a positive result?

R

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi,
    I tested on Day 5 and it came up very faintly...then kept doing urine tests every two days for a week to check they were getting darker.
    It depends on a few things, how much BHCG (hormone you only excrete when your pregnant) your excreeting and how sensitive your test strips are. I had some in the clinic I work at and they pick up very low levels of BHCG.
    Keep us posted
    Kerrie

Thanks
    Reviews
    I always assumed that the 7-10 days was 7-10 days after conception (so if a BD the day AFTER ovulation caught, then it's 7-10 days after that).

But I think like kerrie says, it probably really depends on your body and how it reacts to being pregnant.

We are just about to start our second TTC cycle for #1 and I have promised myself I'll try to wait at least ten days after ovulation before I test, but it is very hard!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Your right Chana, it is after conception...I was meaning that but didn't type it in

Hey good luck this cycle. .....I was addicted to pregnancy testing kits when was trying so I totally get what your saying about it being hard to wait for day 10 p/o to test

Kerrie

Thanks
    Reviews
    Girls

Thanks for the encouragement. With my other 2 babies I tested about 1-2 days before my period was due and got a faint line so perhaps for me the test doesn't come up properly until about then. So it's next Tuesday mornign to test! I don't know what's worse, doing the test and risk seeing the negative, or not doing the test and waiting for that horrible tell tale sign on your underpants that your not pregnant.

R

P.S. Getting incredibly tired and my temperature chart has just gone into a triphasic stage, which is a good sign. I read on an Australian baby website that a woman on her 2nd or 3rd pregnancy gets pregnancy signs sooner as her body is more attuned to reacting to pregnancy hormones.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi,

I tested 5 days before my period was due and I got a negative response. I then did another test one day before my period and it was positive. Some brands you can do early and others you have to wait until you have a period near.

Michele
    Mother of Christopher, Luke, Melissa,Jayden and ?(due in November)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Hello Ruth

I hope you get a positive in Tuesday! I can test Monday! Let's hope we both go well hey! This is my 6th month of trying!

I tested at 6 days BEFORE due period as the box said it can show at 5-10days before period, it was negative too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Got my AF last week. Not to worry as am so run down with workign full-time. Going to quit work and relax a little at home with the kids. I think if my body is more relaxed pregnancy should happen more easily. will still try this moth though!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts

Default Very confused

I am so confused!
    My period is now 3 days late and still no period, we tested this morning and it was a neg.
    I have noticed for the last week maybe a bit less, that when I wipe before going to the toilet I have what looks like ovulation mucous, that slimy clear stuff when you ovulate, I had it when I was and have it again now. Could this be a sign of pregnancy? My breats are slightly tender, I am tired and am getting frequent headaches.

Is it possible for a test to come up neg 3 days after a missed period and still be pregnant?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes, it's quite possible that what you describe is implantation bleeding (apparently there's a small amount of discharge when the blastocyst attaches to the uterine wall), and you ovulated later in your cycle than you thought (so it's too early for a pg test to show up). I'd wait another 3-4 days and test again, if I were you - if that's still neg, then probably off to the dr?