+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default do your kids get pocket money?

do your children get pocket money?
    if so how much do u think is a nice amount for them and what do they have to do to get it??

i started about 3 months ago giveing DS pocket money once a week and to get it he has to put all his toys back in his toy box when he has finished playing with them altho i do help.

and at the end of the week i give him all my silver coins to put in his money box. just counted up his money and in 3 months he has got of me $623and 5c in coin he has more money than me lol didnt no i gave him so much.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I give DD1 pocket money. She is a GREAT little helper. She usually gets around $5 (depends what I have in my purse). Some times I forget to give it to her for a couple of weeks though.....

Thanks
    Reviews
    I give my kids coins to put in their money boxes, when they have done something to help without asking (mainly to get rid of loose change) they are always taking it to school for stuff (only 40c at a time usually)

I dont give regualar pocket money, although DS#1 I pay for him to go out every second Firday night, so that takes place of pocket money and he is fine with that. DS2 has only asked last week if he can get regualar pocket money, but he has to earn it bu helping when asked.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I give Azalea what change I have left in my purse every when we get home most days if we'v been out plus on Thursdays (my payday) I ussually give her a note to stuff in her money box too. She loves putting all the coins in her money box its a great game for her. She has 3 boxes full now I dont know how much would be in each one but wouldn't be suprised if it where several hundred dollars all up by now.

Thanks
    Reviews
    No I don't give my kids pocket money.

They still help out around the house and I think they should do it without presuming I owe them money for it.

Although if they need money for school tuckshop or just to go to the movies or something I will give it to them.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I don't yet give DS pocket money yet, he's to young to even conprehend what pocket money is for, I would rather my DS to learn to do what is asked without expecting something in return,

in saying that though I do put some money in his money tin every now and again, and in a few years time i'll start giving him pocket money

Thanks
    Reviews
    I will give DD pocket money when she is older, but it will be for things like setting the table. I expect her to make her bed and clean her room for nothing.

I used to get $5 at primary school. I wonder what the going rate will be in a few years time?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Not yet but I will once she starts school.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by tootiredtosleep View Post

I used to get $5 at primary school. I wonder what the going rate will be in a few years time?
    i cant only imagin with the price of things these days

Thanks
    Reviews
    with my step-children i expect them to do the dishes, make their beds and fold and put their clothes away for nothing.

if they wish to earn money by doing extra jobs around the house then they can just do the job - like cleaning the shower, vacuming or sweeping the floors - just easy stuff. hubby or i will then inspect it to see if the job was done properly. if it isn't they have 1 chance to do it again then they get paid. if they don't do it over properly then they don't get paid. it is their choice to do the jobs if they want more money for things. i will pay for their meals and public transport and school things. but if they want to see a movie with their friends then i think that it is fair that they earn their money. i have to earn my money and save up to be able to to things with my friends and i think that way it teaches them to be better with money and learn how to save up for things that they want.