+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Big Bed Time?

DH and I were having a chat about bedding arrangements last night so I thought I might throw this Q out there to get some feedback for future reference. In your opinion/experience at what age or at what maturity level do you start putting bubs into a big bed? What signs do you look for to know when they are ready?
    Thanks
    Kaylene

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    We DS1 into his own bed at 15months. We'd been away for a few weeks and he slept really well in a bed, so we went out and bought one as soon as we got home!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    DD1 has been in a bed from about 18 months....i would have done it sooner, but we were going away alot and i didn't want to start her in it and then get dissrupted by going away and using the portacot.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Chloe went into her big bed 2 days ago, at a few weeks past her 2nd birthday. Probably much later than other bubs but I wasn't inclined to move her sooner since she never climbed out and had until recenly been content there. In the last few weeks shes been wanting to sleep in our bed (after initially being brought in after some nightmares a few nights). So her own big bed is an attempt to get her back out of ours. She was certainly ready for it though.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Harry is going into a big bed early next year, when we get back from hols. He'll be 21 months. He hasn't tried to climb out of his cot, but I just feel it's time to move him into a big bed. I just feel that he is ready for it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Arwen went into a big bed at 18 months, due to her younger sister growing tooo big for a bassinett.
    The next one will be moved to a big bed later, probably when she is closer to 2.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I was hoping to keep my DS in a cot until his 2nd birthday, but he has started climbing out at 16 months.
    After the dramas getting him to sleep he now sleeps really well in there!

Ky is offline <--- Ruby, the most precious little red gem ever!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Bella went into a big bed at 15mths and Daniel at 17mths.

For Bella, the reason was that she was climbing out and it was much safer in a bed. With Daniel - he was way too big for his portacot which he had been sleeping in from 5 months when he got too big for his wooden cot!

I used bed-sides and a box at the end of the bed for them to get in and out easily. I also looked at what times I was putting them to bed and adjusted them so that they were tired enough to not put up too much of a fight initially, so they got used to the idea of falling asleep in their bed. It only took a few days and they were little angels! I have more trouble with Daniel now at nearly 3 ... he creeps into our bed in the middle of the night and often we just don't notice!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow some early big bedders here. Great advice again, and yes I think Im going to wait til she is trying to climb out of her cot first.
    Thanks for your info.
    Kaylene