+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default worm farm/composting

A simple yet fantastic idea for a small home compost/worm farm is to get a polystyrene box (i know i know, polystyrene!, but it IS recycling at least). You can get large ones used for transporting veges in from vege markets and the sort, sometimes they're free, sometimes 1 or 2 $$.
    Poke some holes in the bottom and place it on the ground somewhere nice and shady on the dirt to allow worms to get to it, making sure one side is slightly higher than the other to allow worm wee to drain.
    Put a layer of dirt/soil, say an inch or 2 and then start adding your vege scraps. Dont add meat or manure of a meat eating animal (worms dont like it). Avoid onion and citrus too.
    Manure is good every now and then. Add a thin layer of soil each time you put a layer or scraps/manure on.
    Keep the lid on, water every now and then or even better, pee on it once in a while (hubbys job), alternativly you can pour a little beer on top and the worms will love it. Turn once a week with a hand trowel. Eventually you will get beautiful organic chemical free compost to put into your garen. Nothing on the shelf can beat it!!
    If you fill it too fast just get another box placing it on top and repeating the procedure.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Earth Hour 2008

Here's an easy thing to do: sign up for earth hour 2008.

www.earthour.org

Funkychicken is offline I'm supposed to have a plan? Can't I just be proactive with pep?
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Just thought I would update this thread. I am going to collate some of the site links that have been posted in here and have it all in the first post of this thread.
    I am also going to add this link

http://www.compostweek.com.au/

which is a fantastic initiative coming up in May this year.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default wee covers

does anyone know where i can buy those wee covers for boys, can't remember what they're called? thanks