+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default From bassinet to cot

Hi, my 11 wk old DD is almost too big for her bassinet and I'm thinking of moving her to a cot soon. Just wondering if such a transition has any affect on bub's sleeping? What would I do if she didn't want to sleep in her cot? I'm thinking of buying a portacot and she'll only sleep in it during the day (she's sleeping in her hammock at night and can still sleep in it for 5-6 months). I've heard that it's not good for bubs to sleep in a portacot exclusively but I'll only put her in there for daytime naps, is that ok? Does anyone have their bubs sleep in a portacot?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    PJ only lasted 4 weeks in his bassinet before he grew out of it. The change didn't worry him too much. Maybe for the first night, but after that he was fine.
    Since he was quite young I have tried to put PJ in his porta cot for his day time sleeps so he is used to sleeping in it. That way if we are out it's familiar and not something that he doesn't know.
    We haven't had any worries when he's had to sleep in it, because he does most days anyway. Where as my sis always had trouble because she used the porta cot more as a play pen and then not very ofter and her little one would never sleep in it when she did need her too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I put Hannah in a cot when she was 4wks old - no real reason, just because I felt like it. Had no problems at all.
    Unfortunatly I can't put Rebecca in a cot until we move house next month as we have no room - currently she is sleeping in bassinett during the day in our room then at night she is in bassinett in the computer room. Poor girl has no room of her own yet.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Default move to cot

We moved our daughter to her cot when she was about 11 weeks. I was very anxious about it and made my husband sleep on the floor of the nursery for the first few nights. She actually sleeps better in the cot than anywhere else - refuses to sleep in our bed which suits us fine. I think we freak out about putting our babies in cots unnecessarily, however some people suggest starting with day sleeps only in the cot so the transition isn't so black and white. Good luck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi,
    We moved our DD into her cot when she was around 9 weeks. We found that she was a bit unsettled for 3 nights but since then has had great sleeps!
    Good luck

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    We put Ava into her cot from about 6 weeks onwards. Initially she was sleeping sidecar in a cradle but we found we disturbed her sleep (alarms for DH work etc) and she disturbed our sleep.....where does the saying sleeping like a baby come from is anyones guess!

Anyway, the transition was really smooth and she goes into her room for her daytime naps and her night sleep and she now sleeps really well.

We use the portacot whenever we got to Nannas for the night or just recently on a break away and she is great in that too.

Hope you have some luck......