+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts

Default Hit Me With It ....

Im not sure whether its possible or whether it will happen for sure but honestly after my trip to my first midwives appt today i want to work out if it can happen.

While nothing went wrong as such i just felt so overwhelmed going back to the hospy & them wanting so much more testing done etc. What made it worse was they didnt even have the records from Boof's birth which just made me wonder if they really knew what was going on. We had a hard traumatic birth & honestly i dont want that again in fact i refuse to have that again. Being there & them not having any info just made me think " oh this is going to be history repeating ".

I want this birth to be empowering, sacred & loving. Boof's was far from this & even as i sit writing this im trying to not to feel so anxious or cry about it all. Most people dont get how i can feel this way but i do.

So im 19wks where do i start & how does it all work ?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    I have considered homebirths twice...and would have done it if I didnt get into the birth centre.....dont know all that much about the technicalities but I just wanted to sy good luck and

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Ffrenchstar View Post
    I have considered homebirths twice...and would have done it if I didnt get into the birth centre.....dont know all that much about the technicalities but I just wanted to sy good luck and
    Thanks hun

Ive just sent off some emails to find out if i even have an independant middie near me to start lol cause that sorta helps hehehe.
    Here is hoping this will help with my decision

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Also if you still wanted to stick with the hospital maybe you could hire a doula (sp?)?
    From what I've heard a doula would be a good step to achieving your empowering, sacred & loving birth.

I've been doing a bit of reading, as after my 1.5hr birth I've been told that the next could be too quick to allow me a chance to even get to the hospital.

From what I've read it is a good idea to remain 'booked in' with your hospital as if anything happens your private midwife will facilitate your transfer etc.

Here is a PDF of an emergency childbirth booklet I found which also has info on homebirthy stuff (it takes a while to load):
    http://www.umbrellanoize.com/stuff/E...Childbirth.pdf

HTH
    Last edited by SammieSnail; 01-03-2007 at 02:18. Reason: ahhh doula NOT doola ;)

Thanks
    Reviews
    You've probably looked at this, but if you haven't here it is lol:
    http://www.bubhub.com.au/infohomebirth.shtml

MilkingMaid is offline Winner 2009 - Mod Award - most supportive member
    Question those who don't question authority
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    You've made a great start just finding out if there are any in your area, hopefully where you are there are a good few to choose from.
    It is easy.
    Just go and interview them all, and see who you like the best, and take it from there.

All the best, it will be an amazing experience, trust me!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Sammie & AM.

And thanks for the PM's.

Still trying to read what i can etc.

Im just finding the whole idea of birthing again very daunting to be honest.

MilkingMaid is offline Winner 2009 - Mod Award - most supportive member
    Question those who don't question authority
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I hear ya! There is a lot of psychological work to be done during pregnancy, lucky it lasts give or take 40 weeks!

I'll listen to you...

Thanks
    Reviews
    After going to my "booking in" appointment at my local hospital, I knew there was no way I'd have my baby there...alarm bells were ringing the whole time, as the medwife tried using scare tactics on me about uterine rupture and all that BS...and I'm a doula! I had to then tell her how it really is! Anyway, I knew there was never going to be the right sort of support or respect at the hospital,a nd I've felt so FREE after deciding on a homebirth. I haven't looked back. My blood pressure is lower than it's ever been during all of my pregnancies (not that it's ever been an issue), as my midwife comes to me and I'm so RELAXED when she takes it, no traveling, no hospital smells, no sick people to walk past, just me and my family - and that's just the pre-natal appointments! I wish you all the best in planing an beautiful birth experience!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Allyoo, not sure what area you are in but I know that St George Midwife Run Birthing Centre have a "homebirth" service. Not sure how it all works but I have friends who have given birth at The Birthing Centre at St George and they thought it was wonderful, the middies there are all for natural births with little or no intervention at all. I think there are some other birthing centre's who offer a "homebirth" option as well.