+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default molluscum?

Hi all,

I placed a post in the wrong category. I am writing a feature article on molluscum contagiosus. This is a skin virus that can leave your little one covered in pearly white bumps on the skin.

This virus is not dangerous but can be annoying. More importantly, it can be transferred from kid to kid. Has anyone's bub suffered with this infection?

All stories are welcome.

Thanks,

Sue

Thanks
    Reviews

Smile Treatment Molluscum

Had to reply as have had amazing results with Imiquimod cream available from Melbourne Children's Hospital Pharmacy with a Dr's prescription.

My 3 yr old got it from swimming and we know at least 3 other children who got it had ended up with 18 mths of hell waiting for it to go.

It took going to 3 GPs for one to finally tell me about the RCH's cream. Applied 3xday and less than 3 mths later my son has no more spots and can finally bath with his brother!!! The spots do get worse before they get better but my son was covered head to toe in at least 50 spots - now just waiting for the redness to go and no more spots!!!!

I really do think GPs need to be aware of this treatment .... you get fobbed off with the 'it will just run it's course' rubbish - in the meantime no sharing baths/towels/clothes, no swimming and potentially childcare centres will exclude your child.