+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hey Kimba, I know how you feel. I hope that everything goes well next week when you go back to work, you will have to let me know!
    I was just discussing with my Mum and DH yesterday that I feel really 'looked down on' because I am going back to work and putting Zara in daycare....but I know that I am doing what is best...financially at least...for our family. Why do people have to be so judgemental? I hate it....lol, sorry about that !
    Anyhow, would love to keep in touch with you...maybe we can support each other.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I know...I hate it when I hear things like 'why have a baby if you want someone else to raise him?'. I don't want someone else to raise him - and I feel guilty about putting him in daycare - but our circumstances are such that at the moment I'm the main breadwinner and we have a mortgage (not a flash house, just a small 2 bedroom unit, trying to provide some security for our family later in life), so what can I do?

OK, maybe we could sell up and move to woop-woop and rent forever and claim family benefits and I could stay home, but would my DS's life be that much better for it...? If we lived in my husband's country his mother or extended family would probably look after DS, so is that so much different to family daycare?

The hard part now is just trying to find a good balance between family time and working so that family doesn't suffer for the sake of work and finances...

Anyway I'm with you and it'd be great to support each other since it seems we're going through the same thing at the same time!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thought I'd join in this thread. I am returning to work in Term Two (I am a teacher), three days a week, and it's really starting to stress me out. I'm luck enough to have mu mum and sister to loook after M one day each, but the one day she'll be at daycare is stressing me out.
    Linley- glad to hear your daycare experience seems to be going well. It's exactly what I want to hear. I came home from Gymbaroo in tears the other arvo, cause I knew I couldn't enrol for next term because of work, I was a bit emotional that day for some reason
    Kimbaleo- budgeting is so hard!! I've been lucky enough to have been paid for the majority of my time off, by using my LSL and taking M/L at half pay. I think in total I've only had 7wks, without pay. And that has been really hard. People always comment on our house and say 'then why did you build such a big house' when I say I HAVE to go back to work, but ultimately we got our land at a bargain price years ago, and owner built our house. The amount we spent would have been the same if we bought and small, old house. Sorry bit off track but it really p!sses me off.
    Look forward to checking in with you girls to see how we're all coping.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Why do people think that they can comment on the size of your house and think that it will be a solution to your situation? God Mia, I can see why that peeves you off....if only people wouldn't comment and keep their negative opinions to themselves hey?
    Great, I am so glad that we all have a bit of support so that is what this thread is turning into....a support thread for working Mum's! Actually I should start one....I'll post the link when I do! girls....our bubba's are going to be just fine!

Thanks
    Reviews
    http://www.bubhub.com.au/community/f...ad.php?t=80173

Okay, that's the link, hope it works!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by mum2peanut View Post
    I came home from Gymbaroo in tears the other arvo, cause I knew I couldn't enrol for next term because of work, I was a bit emotional that day for some reason
    Me too! I was exactly the same.

Quote Originally Posted by mum2peanut View Post
    People always comment on our house and say 'then why did you build such a big house' when I say I HAVE to go back to work.
    I hate feeling like I have to justify myself too - and we don't even have a big house - not that it should make a difference! People look at me like 'well you could have just kept renting' when I say I have to return to work to help pay the mortgage, and maybe that's true, but I also would rather invest in our future rather than see it go down the drain in rent, coz I want to provide security for my family in later years too. I do feel guilty now though, about which is more important - spending more time with our kids, or owning the roof over their heads later.

Quote Originally Posted by ZarasMummy View Post
    Why do people think that they can comment on the size of your house and think that it will be a solution to your situation?
    Even if we were renting I'd still have to work...that's just how it is.

Thanks for making the new thread!