+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi there, I just read this message having joined this website today. I am South African but recently moved over from London. I have a 6.5 month old boy and we live in the Chatswood area of Sydney. I am struggling to find mothers groups in this area or anything similar to what we have back in the uk NCT groups. Would love to make some new mom friends, most of my friends in Sydney are working or have older kids.
    Thanks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LondontoSydney View Post
    Hi there, I just read this message having joined this website today. I am South African but recently moved over from London. I have a 6.5 month old boy and we live in the Chatswood area of Sydney. I am struggling to find mothers groups in this area or anything similar to what we have back in the uk NCT groups. Would love to make some new mom friends, most of my friends in Sydney are working or have older kids.
    Thanks
    Hi

I was going to PM u but I can't for some reason. Where in SA r u from?

Sent from my iPhone using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi there,

I'm also from SA (been here for 3.5 years ☺️). I have DS1 (3 years) & DS2 (18 months). I'm in the Hills District so if you are ever on my side I'm happy to get together πŸ˜ƒ.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for that, were exactly (which area do you live in?) I am in Chatswood so trying to work out how close that is to you.
    Thanks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi, got your message. Thanks.
    I am originally from Durban left after uni and spent 9 years in London. Husband is Aussie so decided to relocate here for family and much sunnier weather :-)
    Where are you from? and where do you live now?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello to the newbies in this thread! Its been months since we've had a new post.
    I'd be happy to meet up if you're interested. My DS just turned 1, I live in Ryde. I'm back at work part-time, so free on occasion.

Send me a PM if you want to catch up.
    (you can only send PM once you've made at least 5 posts)

Hope to hear from you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Annelize

Thanks for the message ; are you also South African?

Which days do you not work ie free on during the week?

I live in Chatswood and happy to catch up if you ever around here shopping etc i live very close to Westfields.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi,

I would be lying if I said Sydney is not pricey. It's very pricey, infact one of the most expensive cities I've visited /lived in and I've visited over 85 cities.

However , once you living here you earn dollars so it will be easier. Also you learn where to shop etc.

I don't know how this compares to SA since I left 9 years ago.

I think the most expensive thing is buying a house right now! But hopefully that will soften up in a few months time.

But to sum it up Sydney is expensive because it is a truly awesome city to live in. Everyone wants to be here hence prices are driven up.
    The weather is great and it's beautiful. So I don't think you will have a problem adjusting at all.
    In fact you both should look very much forward to the move especially if you had to compare Syd to SA.
    There's much more positives to be here than SA esp if you have kids or intending on having kids.

Hope this helps. Any questions just send me a private message via this website and will be happy to help.

Cheers,