+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    that makes me feel allot better reading those stories -
    i read a book where a women waited to long and gave birth on the side of the road in a car....and another in pregnancy and borth magazine where she ended up borthing on the grass on the way into her car to drive to the hospital.....
    its pretty overwhelming really isnt it -

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Yes you always hear the bizarre stories, but in reality it is usually much less exciting than those stories.

Relax relax relax. Most labours take a long time, and you'll be so excited anyway when it all starts to happen you'll probably want to rush around.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    i was told 5 mins apart... when ur waters break or when you cant handle the pain
    my contractions started at 5 mins and stayed 5 minutes for the whole labour... they never got any closer so just be careful... i honestly didnt think that was possible for them not to get closer but honestly mine didnt... bit weird!
    my bub had also pooed in the water but they had to break mine so i was already at the hospital and he was about to be born anyway...
    good luck,.. n ur q's arent stupid... everyone wants to be prepared!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I was also very worried about this situation - so its not a silly question!
    In most cases labour builds up over a period of time so you can be quite prepared. Just go to the hospital when you feel like you need to. Good Luck!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi All,

Well I havent been there yet but have been told by the hospital to come in when your contractions are 5 minutes apart if your waters havent broken yet ... but if your waters have broken you must go in straight away to avoid any infections...

Also at ante-natal class last week they told us to start putting plastic on the bed so in case our waters do break in bed it will not leave a stain on your mattress...

Di...