+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    sam's mum is offline and Amelia's and Belle's too....
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Pregnancy and Alcohol consumption

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/sto...005961,00.html

they are finally trying to change Australia's recommendation as to the 'safe' amount of alcohol to consume in pregnancy.

this goes through and gets changed. As the article says, there is NO known safe level of alcohol consumption, and a lot of the problems don't show up until adulthood.
    Last edited by sam's mum; 16-02-2007 at 18:23. Reason: make the link work

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Well I drank a small glass of red with dinner, 2 maybe 3 nights a week., and I dared a glass of champagne on my 30th birthday...I also ate fish and ham

It's just another thing to be paranoid about and to make us feel incompetent. Why not wrap all pregnant women in bubbles and tube feed them vitamins in a completely sterile environment for 9 months.

Then when they do have a completely natural drug free birth and are breast feeding (wouldn't want junior to be a IQ point behind all the other gifted kiddies) stay on a complete macrobiotic, diet free of taste and flavour to make to ensure the next generation paranoid, skinny and without the ability to make a decision for themselves without consulting WHO or "Australias recommendations" on what they should or should not put in their mouths......Ahhh the joys of pregnancy.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Thanks for the link Sam'sMum, I for one am grateful for information such as this. I would be so sad if I unknowingly hurt my unborn child, by doing something so easily avoided. It's also great to have info such as this to refer people to when they make fun of me for refusing alcohol! (Yep, I've had people try to make me out to be some kind of freak for not drinking )

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueGin View Post
    It's also great to have info such as this to refer people to when they make fun of me for refusing alcohol! (Yep, I've had people try to make me out to be some kind of freak for not drinking )
    All of DF's family thought I was odd because I didn't want a glass of wine while I was preggers....I just didn't want to put any alcohol into my body while preggers....although I did have one west coast cooler on xmas day...and I feel very very wooosy afterwards

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    everything in mod i say. I'd be just as concerned about what women are eating when they are preggers...but we r only human

Thanks
    Reviews
    Great point Blue - it is something we can avoid. There's lots of bad stuff we cannot avoid. But we can choose not to drink.

And as long as it's not illegal, Hippee you can do whatever you like The recommendations need to be changed to reflect current scientific knowledge. It doesn't mean anyone HAS to do anything. But if someone isn't sure what they should do in this regard, and they wish to know what the official recommendation is, it's a good idea for that recommendation to be up-to-date.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by hippee View Post
    Well I drank a small glass of red with dinner, 2 maybe 3 nights a week., and I dared a glass of champagne on my 30th birthday...I also ate fish and ham

It's just another thing to be paranoid about and to make us feel incompetent. Why not wrap all pregnant women in bubbles and tube feed them vitamins in a completely sterile environment for 9 months.

Then when they do have a completely natural drug free birth and are breast feeding (wouldn't want junior to be a IQ point behind all the other gifted kiddies) stay on a complete macrobiotic, diet free of taste and flavour to make to ensure the next generation paranoid, skinny and without the ability to make a decision for themselves without consulting WHO or "Australias recommendations" on what they should or should not put in their mouths......Ahhh the joys of pregnancy.
    LOVE YOUR COMMENTS its so true how things are happening with the children of today.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by kiah View Post
    everything in mod i say. I'd be just as concerned about what women are eating when they are preggers...but we r only human
    Told ya hehehehe

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think its great I really hope they change it & do a big awarness campaign its only a very short time to go without grog when you make the comparrison on what long term effects you can have to a persons whole life. I think its sad people put there own social life before the health of there child.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirstlea View Post
    LOVE YOUR COMMENTS its so true how things are happening with the children of today.
    Thankyou Kirstlea Now watch me go up in flames for being a terrible mother.