+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default New To Sydney, In the Hills

Hi there, I'm Jo.
    And I have just moved over here from the UK, with my partner, Stu. And 2 daughters Sophie 4, Maisie 20 months.

Just moved into the Hills area and would love to meet some new people.

And I know my 4 year old would. Because every day I get when are my friends (uk friends) coming to visit. mmm if only it was that simply.

Anyway if anyone lives near me, with kids a similar age. Please get in touch.

we can grab a coffee, go to a park, whatever. Would just be nice to get out and about.

By the way this is a great site, I am glad I found it.

Jo x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Where in the hills are you? Im in Marsfield - my mothers group has recently gone our seperate ways and I would love to have some mum friends close by!

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Hi there

Hi Jo how are you? Sounds like we are in the same boat, although I have not come as far as you have! My husband an I moved from Melbourne to Kellyville in November with out two children indigo 3 (next week) and Jacob 3 months.

It has been very hard with no family and friends up here and I would love to meet some new people, and like your daughter, so would my Indigo. Send me a message if you want to organise to catch up, an outing with an adult would be wonderful!

Cassie

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey Cassie, I moved from Melbourne almost 2 years ago! Where are you from?

When I moved DD was 5 months old, and I can relate to the no friends bit. And you go a bit stir crazy around just the kids all day! I did it for MONTHS!!!! I'd love to talk to both you and Jo about it.

I live over in Frenchs Forest, but my mum lives in Cherrybrook (she moved here last July - handy), so I have no issues driving out that far if you all want to get together.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Kirst,

Yes I am going a bit stir crazy, hard when all day the only person you have to talk to is a toddler, hhmm stimulating!

I came from Eltham how about you?

I would love to organise to catch up and chat, especially from people who have had the same experience of moving to a new place.

Cassie

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh my deary deary me! This is fate or something silly!

I was scared you'd be a Westie or something.....

I grew up in Nunawading, and my DH and I built our place in Donvale before moving up here. We're relative neighbours!!!!!!

You'll find the computer will be your new best friend.

I can come out that way anytimne. DD is in care Thursdays and Fridays so that she can actaully play with kids her own age, so I am free for adult tme then, but I am assuming that you have no relief, so let's include the kids..............I'll PM you.

Thanks
    Reviews

Red face Lonely too

Hi there,
    I was just wondering if you guys ended up forming a mothers group? I'm also in the hills district with a new 3 month old and would love some adult company occasionally. Anyway let me know as I would be keen to join the group! Thanks.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi,

Im also in the Hills area and would love to catch up Should we arrange a time and place?

Welcome to Sydney Jo!

Priscilla

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hey girls LUCY72 has organised a meet for the 26th Feb let me know if you want to come. We are all in the hills and looking forward to our meet soon. I have met Cassie and she is lovely, it's always nice to meet each other.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Question Can I be a thicko and ask...

Where is in the Hills??

HAHAH I feel so stupid now! I'm new to Sydney so I have an excuse!!
    I'm in Dee Why. Is that nearby??