+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    can someone explain how to tell where we are at with our cycles by using "CM"

kittykatz is offline Getting closer and closer to my BFP!!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Stages of Cervical Fluid: Post Menses
    Stage 1: Lasting 2 - 3 days CM is Sticky or Gummy (S)
    Stage 2: Lasting 2- 4 days: CM is Creamy, Milky, Lotion Like - Beginning of your fertile period (C)
    Stage 3: Lasting 1-5 days: Egg white Cervical Fluid - At this time you are very fertile. (E)
    Stage 4: Dry, Moist or Sticky (Infertile)

Peak fertile cervical mucus is thin and stretchy. After ovulation, progesterone abruptly suppresses the peak mucus and the mucus pattern continues with sticky mucus for a day or two, and then returns to dryness.

Egg White Cervical Fluid

How Long do you have it: Typically women in their mid twenties have it for approximately 5 days, by mid-thirties, only 1-2 days, but this is not the rule. Many women have several days of EWCM late into their thirties.
    Look and Feel: The Cervical Mucus will look and have the consistency of egg whites. It is slippery to the touch and if pulled between the fingertips will stretch 1 - 10 inches.
    Color: The color can be clear or iridescent and extremely wet. If your CM has an unusual odor, consult your physician, this may be a sign of infection. If your CM has the consistency of cottage cheese, this may be a sign of a yeast infection, also consult your physician.

There are natural ways to improve cervical mucus. Some women have have what is called Hostile Cervical Mucus.
    After ovulation and under the effect of progesterone, the mucus becomes thick and sticky. Sperm cannot penetrate it. Once the sperm are in the mucus, they can stay there for a few days acting as a sperm reservoir. It can also be highly acidic and can kill the sperm.
    If you are unable to naturally improve hostile cervical mucus, you can opt for Intra-Uterine-Insemination (IUI). The semen is injected into the uterus bypassing hostile cervical mucus.

INCREASING CERVICAL MUCUS

Cut back on caffeine and don't smoke!

Green Tea - 2 cups per day from Cycle day 1 to ovulation.

Drinking at least ten glasses of water a day.

Evening Primrose Oil: 1,000 IU per day should be taken
    from Cycle Day 1 to Ovulation.

Flax Seed Oil: 2,000 mg per day from Ovulation to AF.

Red Raspberry: 1,000 mg daily: Start anytime in cycle.
    Can be taken during pregnancy until a month prior to labor/delivery.
    Strengthens the uterine lining which in turn lengthens luteal phase

Grapefruit Juice
    If you have cervical mucus but it is too thick or hostice, your doctor may prescribe Robitussin/Guaifenesin to Improve Cervical Mucus
    Last edited by kittykatz; 07-03-2008 at 10:29.

Thanks
    Reviews
    whoa!!! see that is just all way to technical for me...

doesnt it get tireing having to work that hard and research and take the romance out of a bit?

i really want a baby.. but i really dont think i have the energy to start doing all this again.. i just want it to happen when it happens...

i got obsessed with getting pregnant with my first son afte a M/C and dont wanna turn into that girl again.

for everyone who is reading this thread trying to gain information on making a baby. i hope it happens for everyone and isnt to stressful. it must be so stressful and emotionally draining trying to work that hard at something.

kittykatz is offline Getting closer and closer to my BFP!!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I think it is very empowering to get to know your body so well .

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by kittykatz View Post
    I think it is very empowering to get to know your body so well .
    I agree, I am loving learning about my body and it is not too hard for me

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thanks for all oyur information on CM!! Its very helpful!! Just one little question How do you no the exact day that you O?? I mean if EWCM can last up to 5 days what day to you class as O??

When people are testing and they write 10dpo how do they no its 10 days since they O'ed!!

I hope im not confusing you all like im confusing myself haha!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    It is impossible to know the exact day that you O without technical medical equipment. But for our purposes, you generally O on the last day of any type of fertile mucus or if you are temping it is the day before your temp goes up (and it has to stay up for three consecutive days to confirm O has taken place).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by JimJamsMum View Post
    It is impossible to know the exact day that you O without technical medical equipment. But for our purposes, you generally O on the last day of any type of fertile mucus or if you are temping it is the day before your temp goes up (and it has to stay up for three consecutive days to confirm O has taken place).
    Okey Kool Thanks heaps for that!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by kittykatz View Post
    HCG level for single baby (mIU/ml or IU/L)

WEEK (DAYS AFTER CONCEP) HCG LEVEL
    Week 3 (7) 0 to 5
    Week 4 (14 next period due) 5 to 426
    Week 5 (21) 18 to 7340
    Week 6 (28) 1,080 to 56,500
    Weeks
    7 to 8 (35 to 42) 7,650 to 229,000
    Weeks
    9 to 12 (49 to 70) 25,700 to 288,000
    Weeks
    13 to 16 (77 to 100) 13,300 to 254,000
    Weeks
    17 to 24 4,060 to 165,400
    Weeks
    25 to birth of baby 3,640 to 117,000
    4 to 6 weeks after birth Less than 5
    THANKYOU FOR THIS!!! ive been testing to early and i was getting worried cause i don't know when my AF is due so im guessing.. im only on about week 4 so i guess ill save my last couple of HPT till end of this week or start of next!!! i really love this site its just so fantastic..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Rainbowbrite View Post
    This is going to sound like a really stupid question, but i'm curious.

Can anyone give me a step by step, detailed description of what happens between AF starting, ovulation & conception & ending in a successful pregnancy? I know "how" a pregnancy occurs but i'm just curios as to the technical side of it all .
    I found this informative, and it is helping me not poas sooner than I really should

http://www.pregnology.com/