+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default can u get pregnant from...

hey
    im 17 atm and about 2 days ago i had sex with another 17 yr old without protection.
    the first time i came i pulled out however 20mins later did it again and didnt pull out in time. is it possible to get pregant from that? the girl was about 10 days away from her usual period. should she get morning after pilll? when can a home pregnancy test be performed? how many days after?

thanks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    You can definately get pregnant from this!

Pregnancy tests can be used from about a week after a missed AF... so it could be a waiting game.

You can get the morning after pill over the counter of any pharmacy, your girlfriend/partner just eeds to speak with the pharmasist- it has already been 48 hrs and i think the morning after pill can only be used within a certain time frame- talk to the pharmasist tomorrow if this is the course of action you wish to pursue.

Please if you are not ready for a baby, either always use a condom or discuss your partner going on the pill, it will save some of this stress.

Best of luck.

Thanks
    Reviews
    we would of if we had one but didnt and we wernt partners just buddies.

what are the chances of it?
    if i had ejaculated about 2 days earlier to that night would that make a difference?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Buddies can still make babies... and if you are only friends and have other partners, it might be safer health wise to use protection.

The chances are average i suppose- it depends on when she ovulates, the sperm! It is really a waiting game i'm sorry to say!

Best of luck with it all.

Thanks
    Reviews
    If it has been more than 48hrs I'd talk to her about going to see a family planning clinic or at least speaking to a GP to find out the options. If you're both unemployed you should be able to get the consultation bulk billed. The chances are there whether you have unprotected sex or not. The only true way not to fall pregnant is to abstain. I fell pregnant whilst on the contraceptive pill. I do believe that at the time I had other medications interfering with the pill though. Better to be safe than sorry. You can buy pregnancy tests that are accurate up to 3-4 days before a period.

The best bet is to see a doctor. I hope things work out the way you want them to.

Thanks
    Reviews
    hey.

if your girlfriend has a regular 28 day cycle then you have just about picked the best time for her to get pregnant. a girl is most fertile for about 3 days at around 11-14 days AFTER her period. This leaves another week or so to go before her next period is due. So there is a really high chance that she may be pregnant.

you can't really test for pregnancy using the ones you can buy in the chemist until the day she expects her next period to be due.

you can buy the morning after pill over the counter at the chemist. this will bring on her period early, however it can take a day or two after she takes the tablet/s.

next time use protection if you are not willing to deal with the consequences - it is just too stressfull for what was just a small time of pleasure.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default hi there

Hi there Confused

It's good that your asking these things - but its not so good to take a risk as big as this one. Especially with a 'buddy'.

the best rule of thumb is to always wear a condom (if your sexual partner is not on the pill) - let alone STD's

Having a baby is a full on responsibility - not about gambling on 'if you did it a day or two ago'

Please be more careful - for her sake, for yours, and especially for the babies!

Thanks
    Reviews
    thank you all for your help and so quick!

we both trust eachother very much and are not worried about stds or so fourth however the anxiety of her falling pregant is huge and is what we are worried about at the moment.

do you think that it is best to get the morning after pill? it has only been about 45 hours since it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Please go talk to the pharmasist or a doctor!

I know there can be complecations if the morning after pill is taken after a baby has been concieved!

Phone the family planning association in your area- it is a confidential call so you don't need to worry about anyone finding out!

I am glad that you are being man enough to help your friend through this. It is not an easy thing to go through!

Thanks
    Reviews
    The absolute maximum time the morning after pill can be taken (from what my GP has told me as I took it on a previous account about 3 years ago) is 72 hours. I would be off to the Chemist as soon as they open tomorrow. (or today in some states as I'm not on Daylight savings time). It is good to see that you are seeking help. I commend you for that.