+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default the 'know it alls'

so i go to the shops today and this lady stops me abruptly, with no smile or hi, hello and says 'do u know what u are having?'. i tell her its a girl and she just shakes her head and says 'No way. its a boy.' im like 'er..okay..what makes u think that?' and she's like 'the way u are carrying - ur all in front' (well where else do u carry when ur 9 mths preggers lady???!)
    and then she's asking me who told me? like i just grabbed someone off the street and said..'feel my belly and tell me what u think im having!'
    i swear the way she asked i thought she wanted me to name them, so she could bash them up for getting it wrong lol
    i assured her an ultrasound had detected the sex and she just rolls her eyes and said they got it wrong with her, im sure they have it wrong with me. great

now im scared because we've brought and recieved alot of things specifically for a girl!

god love these people who have nothing better to do than give u their unwanted 2 cents!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Dont be worried, im sure a penis does not make a baby sit in any particular position.

I would trust your medical advice before a 'know it all.'

Good luck

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    dont stress i carried all in front for both my dd & ds

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    hunni dont worry every preg id different and all ladies carry in different ways with my 1st is way high up and with my 2nd it was low down people throught i was having a boy at one stage but 3 people that did different ultrsounds said it was a girl and i have now 2 beautiful girls so dnt stress hunni thry wouldnt tell u a girl if they have doubt.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Don't stress. If you were told a girl, then I'm sure she is a girl.
    I carried very high with Emily and very low and all in the front with Kailah. How you carry has nothing to do with the sex of your baby. It is just an old wives tale, pay no attention. Just like the one about the baby having lots of hair if you get bad heartburn because supposidly the baby's hair is tickling your esophogus.
    pulease!

Thanks
    Reviews
    'do u know what u are having?'
    Umm, hopefully a baby????????

Thanks
    Reviews
    Gotta love the people that have nothing better to do, and are so bored with thier own lives!!

Trust ur med's and urself, it will be fine!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by melephant View Post
    Umm, hopefully a baby????????

My DH still laughs whenever he hears anyone ask a pregnant lady if she knows what she is having. As I am ones of those smartie bums when anyone asked me that I would always say, 'well, I am really hoping for a baby', or something along those lines....

Thanks
    Reviews
    thanks guys

i think regardless of what i have im happy, but i just love it when these people who arent profeessionals love to add to ur list of worries, when really it isnt any of their business. i love advice (thats why i luv bubhub ), but having people that dnt know me telling me the professionals are even wrong doesnt help.
    i dnt ever remember bullying pregnant women on the street to believe what i believe is right because i think everyones pg is different.

i bet every pregnant women goes through this...and it probably doesnt end after childbirth either...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Ohhh I hate people like that, they annoy me. She is just goin of the old wives tale, its dumb I think a ultrasound is more accurate than a wives tale.