+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Not coping with severe ms!

Hi girls ,

I am in my 12th week of my 1st pregnancy and was hit with morning sickness at about week 7. It was horrible but liveable. It only became really severe though from about week 9. I am now housebound and am vomiting day and night. The nausea is all day and night, I dont get any relief.

I have been to hospital twice and put on a drip and all the anti-nausea medications I have been on either havn't worked or I have reacted too. I must admit that in the past week my vomiting has reduced a little and I can keep most fluids down. But I am becoming quite down about it all, thinking this is going to last 9 months....

Can anyone offer me any advice? Have you ladies that have suffered extreme morning sickness gone on to have happy and healthy pregnancies?

Thanks for any advice... xox

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Holly!!! Hey huN!

I didnt have extreme MS, so i dont really know all the same.

I used to have up'n'go's in the morning as i could only stomach fluid for the first couple of hours.

Have the dr's had any real ideas for you?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey Bekky ,

No my dr (who i have decided to change) has been hopeless. Continually gives me sedative anti-nausea medications which I hate and make me sick. I am going to find a good obstetrician and talk about everything with him/her. I am having a scan this Thursday (will be 13 weeks on Friday), everything is okay with bubs. Bet he/she hasnt even batted an eyelid whilst mum has made best friends with the toilet......

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh Holly, I am so sorry you are so ill, I noticed you haven't been around much.
    I haven't had severe m/s sorry only mild compared to you, I feel like poos but but dont actually vomitt.

I hope you have some relief soon.
    I hear from friends who have experienced hypermesis ( I'm not sure whether you have been diagnosed with this or not though) that it does last alot longer than 12weeks, but I hope for you that it does start to wane soon, you poor thing.
    What meds have you been given? Maxalon or Zofran ( which is the heavy stuff mainly given for hypermesis). I am no expert sorry, I just have a good friend who sufferedhypermesis and Zofran was the answer for her.

It is a good sign that you are feeling better this week, I have my you feel better soon

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey Julie,

How is everything going hun?

I went to Brazil to spend Chrissy and new years with dp's family when i was 9 weeks (silly I know), but I thought I was going to be okay. Anyways got to see alot of Brazilian toilets and that was it, unfortunately we had to come home after 2 weeks. Anyways this is why I havnt been on.... That and

I am incredibly allergic to maxalon (my neck spasms and flips back, horrible feeling). Zofran I havnt tried but the dr thinks it may do the same thing. I tried 4 other meds whilst in Brazil (safe ones ofcourse) and only 1 worked which dp's mum is sending me over, so it gives me some relief.

Thanks
    Reviews
    go to the chemist and get yourself a seasickness pressure band. that was the only thing that stopped me throwing up all day. pity i tried it as a last resort at 7 months

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey wannabemum

I am sorry you are not well. IT is a shock when you have a much wanted pregnancy only to feel like absolute cr@p. It makes it difficult to enjoy. Remember it is ok NOT to enjoy it, I think society places a lot of pressure on women. At times people made me feel like I wasn't going to be a good mum as I HATED being pregnant. It is hard to love being sick all the time. My DD was much wanted but if she could of been externally incubated I would of been all for it!

There are lots of little tricks you can try to take the edge off but there isn't anything out that can cure the dreaded MS yet other than taking meds.

I wasn't diagnosed with hypermesis (sp?) but did throw up just about every day till 36 weeks. You probably agree that the vomiting isn't the worse bit but the costant ill feeling and forever concentrating on NOT throwing up.

Given all my ms I did manage to gain 19 kgs and my DD was 7lb 8oz born. My OB said that the body learns to hold onto every thing it can. So normally your bubs will be fine through your MS.

I hope you don't have hypermesis but MS in all forms and degrees is super yucky.

Frosty fruits were the only thing when I was feeling super ill that made me feel a little better.

I hope you find some little tricks to get you through the day. And fingers crossed that the dreaded MS days are numbered.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had severe m/s, in the end I went to hospital because I was having really bad pains (turns out I had strained my tummy so much from vomiting ) and was put on a drip. The rehydration helped so much that I went for 3 full days with no vomiting then it came back for a couple of days then stopped altoghter I think I was about 14 weeks when it stopped.
    You poor thing hope you feel better soon.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by wannabemum View Post
    Hey Julie,

How is everything going hun?

I went to Brazil to spend Chrissy and new years with dp's family when i was 9 weeks (silly I know), but I thought I was going to be okay. Anyways got to see alot of Brazilian toilets and that was it, unfortunately we had to come home after 2 weeks. Anyways this is why I havnt been on.... That and

I am incredibly allergic to maxalon (my neck spasms and flips back, horrible feeling). Zofran I havnt tried but the dr thinks it may do the same thing. I tried 4 other meds whilst in Brazil (safe ones ofcourse) and only 1 worked which dp's mum is sending me over, so it gives me some relief.
    Oh what a shame you had to come hom early darl!! Well you will have to go back after bubs is born and try and appreciate it more then, the family will no doubt be itching to see bubs and taking him/her off your hands!!
    I really hope the improvement you have had continues and that you can enjoy the second half of your pregnancy. Don't feel bad that you aren't enjoying it, noone enjoys feeling/being sick all the time!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks ladies for your help. Chub Chub I completely agree with you! Everyone kept saying at the beginning of my pregnancy, "oh you are going to love being pregnant, I felt the best I ever had"........ (yeah I would like to see them throw up for a month straight and come back with a smile)!

I will find a new dr/ob and have a chat about some other meds, although I think this might just have to be something i stick out..... for an improvement soon.