+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Question Holiday Syd to Noosa - car seat quandry

Hi,

My husband and I and our 11 month old daughter (in March) will be travelling to Noosa for a week. We're housesitting for friends while they are overseas and they are leaving their car in long term parking at Brisbane airport, ready for us to use. However, they don't have a car seat fitted and I am wondering whether it is best for us to:

(a) take our car seat with us (which I paid someone to fit into our car and as such have no idea how it goes in or out) and put it into the free car; or

(b) hire a car for a week with a car seat already fitted (thereby racking up the dollars).

I have concerns about how well the car seat will be treated by baggage handlers at the airports (Syd & Bris) and how easy it is to install the car seat if I choose to do it myself. Has anyone else or anyone you know been in this situation? If so, what did you/they do? What about strollers - did they survive the trip in good condition?

I am really confused about what option would be best.

Any suggestions/opninions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    How about hiring. Check the bub hub main page as they have a list of companies that hire stuff on the sunshine coast. This could be the best option

Thanks
    Reviews
    I meant hire baby equipment not a car. Sorry if it was unclear

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Car seat quandry

Thanks Easterlily,

I'll make some enquiries about whether they have that facility at Brisbane airport and post the results here for anyone else who shares my concerns.

Cheers

Thanks
    Reviews
    Have a great time. We just spent three nights up there and really enjoyed ourselves. We stayed at Noosaville on the River and loved going for walks along the esplanade. It is a wonderful place, wish we could live there

Thanks
    Reviews
    HI

We went from Brisbane to Cairns just recently and took our little car seat with us. There was no problem with the baggage handlers, car seat arrived in perfect condition I just made sure I taped it into one of their huge luggage bags.

Car seats are generally really easy to install. The main thing is to make sure there is an anchor point which most new cars already have. I practised putting our car seat in before I left so I was confident when I got there.

I opted to take ours because of finances and babies have extra luggage allowance as well which makes it easier.

Enjoy!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi,

A few months ago we flew from Brisbane, Newcastle return with two car seat as our kids are close together and we had no problems at all. It can get quite expensive to hire car seats just make sure you know where the anchor points are in the car you will be borrowing in case you need an extenion strap.