+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Stretch Mark Cream

Ok, does anyone have any suggestions? I have tried baby oil & Bio oil, both of which give me little red spots every where like a rash. I have also tried Palmers Stretch mark formula but I can not stand the smell of Shea.

Does anyone have any suggestions of what else I can try to avoid stretch marks while pregnant???

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hey Kristy!

I am using Vitamin E body butter from the Body Shop and so far no stretch marks. I have also heard that if you buy some vitamin E tablets break them open and rub it on your belly that it's just as good - haven't tried it though.

Good Luck

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Olive oil is wonderfull, you can easily get it from the supermarket, its all natrual, and you can use it on bubs as well when he/she arrives, cause its great for cradel cap

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hey there,

I use Palmers Cocoa Butter and so far so good Use it every day after a shower.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    if youre going to get stretchmarks you will. no cream potion or lotion will stop it. I used palmers religiously and still got them

Thanks
    Reviews
    Evening Primrose oil can help reduce the look of them if you already have them. I mean it will fade then a way

Thanks
    Reviews
    Perfect Potion sells a pregnancy oil, which has a variety of natural oils in it (eg apricot) and is designed for stretch marks.

L'Occitane also sell a Mum and Bub massage cream - again, its 100% natural and is designed to be used by mums to be as well as massaging baby as it is so pure.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Stretchmarks are partly from not having enough elasticity in your skin. I don't think there is really a cure but you can work toward preventing them by putting elasticity into your skin - through a cream.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kristy07 View Post
    Ok, does anyone have any suggestions? I have tried baby oil & Bio oil, both of which give me little red spots every where like a rash. I have also tried Palmers Stretch mark formula but I can not stand the smell of Shea.

Does anyone have any suggestions of what else I can try to avoid stretch marks while pregnant???

i use the palmer coco butter in a tub...its very thick and quite geasy but i use it every day...had two kids...was a big balloon and never got a stretch mark...both hub and i use it every day...tones your skin....very nice....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by kiah View Post
    i use the palmer coco butter in a tub...its very thick and quite geasy but i use it every day...had two kids...was a big balloon and never got a stretch mark...both hub and i use it every day...tones your skin....very nice....
    Yes, my DP's ex used this apparently while pregnant with their child and didn't get any, and also used it 'down there' and apparently helped with strengthening (sp) the area and avoiding tearing! Would you believe!